BalancedForce Subwoofer Custom Filters!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that there are different filters to download, depending upon your main speaker (e.g. Summits) woofer settings. Looks like we'll still need to "tweak" the Sub settings further to optimize for our own setups/rooms, ostensibly using the Perfect Bass Kit. Doesn't look as "plug and play" as I hoped!

Last edited:
Snyder, the ideal filter set is determined by your sub(s) in your room with your speakers, and where you and the subs/speakers sit. The best way to determine that filter set is by measuring in your room, using REW or Omnimic etc.

To apply those filters, you'll need a DSP engine which will accept them, whether it's in the sub or the AVR or an external box, like Antimode.

What's your setup?

Snyder, the ideal filter set is determined by your sub(s) in your room with your speakers, and where you and the subs/speakers sit. The best way to determine that filter set is by measuring in your room, using REW or Omnimic etc.

To apply those filters, you'll need a DSP engine which will accept them, whether it's in the sub or the AVR or an external box, like Antimode.

What's your setup?

My setup is EFX front and rear and going 11.1 shortly. I have no other measuring devices except XT32. I'm not interested in using REW, Omnimic, Antimode etc. I'm just curious if the low pass filter settings file can be done via the standard dials on a sub? Otherwise I'll go with the BalanceForce just for the ease of tuning if it saves that much time.

Last edited:
Back