New ML Sub owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janibrewski

Reaction score
Hopefully I count as an ML owner, though I've only ever owned the subs.

I just placed an order for two Depth is to replace my two Grottos.

Do you think I will notice a difference? (<---Serious question)

My setup is:

Fronts: Totem Forests
Center: Totem Signature 1
Front Height and Surrounds: Bose
Subs: Grotto and Grotto i
New subs: Depth i and Depth i

AVR: Yamaha RX-A2030
Room: 16' deep, 22' wide

Nice to meet you all. I've been reading lots of old threads on here. Several had praise for the Grottos, several others said they were pleased with their move from Grotto to Depth.

In the end, the Depth i (in Maple to match my speakers and furniture) had, for me, far and away the best WAF of any sub on the market. As my HT also doubles as my wife's living room (and my kids family room), WAF is king.

Sure you count as an ML owner! Welcome to the club!

While I can't answer your question (run JL Audio sub) I'm sure someone will chime in.

Hi Janibrewski, nice to meet up with you here.
Since we are doing introductions, what is your name? Anyway I saw your posts on AVS as we were both shopping for subs at the same time.
Stefan (aka AVfile)

I love Totem Loudspeakers :D. Great sound and I think they're a great value. My first pair of speakers were Rainmakers; I still have them and still use them all the time. Beautifully detailed.

Welcome, By the Way. Julian

Thanks guys, very nice to meet you. My real name is Bob.

My new Depth i subs arrive tomorrow - I'm very excited.

For me and my W, nothing has the WAF of Totems and matching ML Depth I (or Descent i for a bigger room than mine). I personally think the ML towers are fantastic looking too, but my wife preferred the Totems.

Back