Hello from Oman

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tariq

Reaction score
Hello from Oman

Hello to all,

My name is Tariq from Oman, and I suffer from Upgridities. I do not own any Martin Logan speakers … yet.

I always loved music, I listen to stuff like Dire Straits, Chris Rea, Diana Krall, Eagles, Sting (his old music), Adele, Ottmar Liebert, Govi, Nocy, various Nuevo flamenco …etc. I am also into Home Theater and I enjoy action movies (current favorites are Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Fast and Furious movie series …etc). I alm also a gamer and enjoy the occasional PS3 game, I just started GTA 5.

Started this hobby many years ago with a pair of old JBL’s that I got second hand, they where large and from the 70’s. I then moved to a KEF Q1 5.1 setup. I upgraded to Axioms in 2005 and I have been using a top of the range Axiom setup.

I finished building my house more than 2 years ago, and moved to my new media room. This has been setup for 2 years. I can finally afford properly setting up my media room. The new room is big and I can finally listen to the Axiom in a large room from adequate distance, currently running a 9.2 setup. I found the sound lacking. What I find disappointing is that MP3’s playing on my Bose car stereo sound better or as good as the CD playing on my full range speakers. Something is definitely wrong.

I got an audio installer that I know to visit my room some time ago. The agreed action plan will be to try and fix the room first and add some room treatment, move the subs around …etc. Then he offers to let me try some equipment. He highly recommends Martin Logan, my brother has a pair or Summits that he has been using for years, I never listened to them, but I am planning to. I will upgrade any piece of equipment that will make an audible difference that I can hear.

My current kit is as follows:
2x Axiom M80ti Main
1x Axiom VP180 Center
6x Axiom QS4 surrounds
2x SVS PC13 Ultra Subs
Denon 4311 Reciever
Emotiva XPA3 Amp (for the front three speakers)
Oppo 93 Bluray player
NAD 546 CD Player
Panasonic 65” Plasma
Sim2 C3X Lumis Uno Projector

I will spend some time learning first and then will post any questions that I have, or any experiences that I believe may help others. Thanks

Welcome.
You should go listen to your brother's Summits, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Be warned that 9.2 set up of Summits will not come cheaply :eek:

Back