Suggestions for in-ceiling surrounds (Helos vs Electromotion IC/R)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vhgator

Reaction score
I currently have an upstairs loft that we are using as our viewing room. I have the Electromotion ESL for the L/R and the C2 as the center.

I'm going to have a couple in-ceiling speakers for the the surround and debating whether the Helos will be sufficient or if I should go with the electromotion IC.

Room is setup with the TV and speakers on one wall, back is open to the rest of the house. It's only an 8 ft ceiling, so I don't know if we need the full power of the electromotion IC or R, but if we will notice a difference, then we'll go for it. (My wife was very disappointed with the cheap in ceiling speakers previously and has ok'd spending much more on them :)

The ElectroMotion IC will be a better timbre match for your ESL and C2 speakers. You'll notice it when sounds are panning around the room that they keep the same "voice" throughout the entire system. They will provide a more seamless blend mostly due to the ribbon tweeter.

I'd go with the ML ElectroMotion IC with the folded motion tweeter or the Bohlender Graebener Radia PDR6C which have the planar ribbon tweeter to match the rest of your ESL speakers.

Back