Who has Motion 40's ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidH

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just curious to who else owns the ML Motion 40's? I do not see a lot of posts about them.

Best regards,

David H.

I do and I think they are wonderful ... they are the foundation of my ML 5.1 living room set up. They are perfectly complimented by a Motion 30, a pair of LX16s, and a Dynamo 700.

In addition to sounding great, I think the Motion 15, 20, 30, and 40 series are the best looking speakers I've seen. When my audio dealer accidentally sent me home with dark cherry Motion 40s (we ended up sharing the cost of the upgrade), my wife and I thought why not keep them.

I just submitted my set up to "Member Systems" ... I hope I did it correctly ... it should then be up there soon.

David, what other gear do you have to compliment your Motion 40s?

Just upgraded to Motion 40's and Motion 8

Very satisfied so far. Only question is should I have listened to ESL before buying?

Hi Tom,

Currently I have the following:

Denon 2313 AVR
Panamax M4300 Power Conditioner
Motion 40 Fronts
Motion 30 Center
Dynamo 500 Sub
Xbox 360
PS3

Audi-quest 12 Gauge speaker wire
Audio quest Carbon HDMI Cable (Receiver - TV)
Audio-quest Cinnamon (Receiver - PS3/BlueRay)
Audio Quest Sub X cable
Red HDMI cables for rest of system

Hi Gpershall,

I listened to both, I thought the 40s sounded better. However when you step up to the more expensive ESL like the Theos they were way better. I however cannot afford $2,700 per front speaker. I barely was able to get away with getting the Motion 40's without making the Wifey give me that look :p

Best regards,

David H

Last edited:
Quick question on motions. How do you listen to your ML Motions: Do you remove the grill on each of them?

Thanks

I have Motion 40s also! I've kinda rotated between having the grilles on and off. Really depends on my mood at the time.

I got black to match my system, but I kinda wish I would have gone with the red cherry. It wouldn't match anything, but man are they good looking!

I bought a pair of Motion 40s in January, and the middle of the grilles are now bowing out. :think:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Back