Rotel RB-1582 Ordered

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifter2600

Reaction score
So I just bought my 1st Power Amp to finally venture out into the world of using Separates.

I've been using a 8 year old Yamaha HTR-5860 (95w RMS) to power the ML vista's. I will still need to hold onto the Yamaha as the Pre Pro (for now) but as of right now I am running pretty much all my components analog in anyways. I hope it won't really limit the integration of the Rotel Stereo Power Amp.

My Sources are a
Rega Planar 2 via Rotel RQ-970BX Phono Stage for Vinyl
Raspberry PI "Raspyfi" via Meridan Explorer Dac for streaming Audio
Raspberry PI "Rasbmc" for streaming Video

Any advice or comments? I still have a 2-3 week wait for my Amp to arrive.

You want advice about waiting 2 to 3 weeks for a new toy?

Man... once I've made my mind up to buy something, I have to have it NOW! You're a stronger man than me if you can wait that long without going nuts :)

So I just bought my 1st Power Amp to finally venture out into the world of using Separates.

Congrats on the upgrade !

when funds allow a nice 'tubed' pre-amp would complement your new amp nicely !

Congrats on the upgrade !

when funds allow a nice 'tubed' pre-amp would complement your new amp nicely !

I've been thinking more and more about going with a tubed pre-amp glad I'm on the right track.
Are there tubed pre-amps that have descent DAC's and are Multi channel with out spending a fortune though.
Looking to go 7.1 in the future.

I've been thinking more and more about going with a tubed pre-amp glad I'm on the right track.
Are there tubed pre-amps that have descent DAC's and are Multi channel with out spending a fortune though.
Looking to go 7.1 in the future.

The only tube multichannel preamp I'm aware of would be Conrad Johnson MET1. Has only 6 channels, pure analog(not processor) and cost $7000 when new. Some leftovers are still available considerably cheaper.

Last edited:
The only tube multichannel preamp I'm aware of would be Conrad Johnson MET1. Has only 6 channels, pure analog(not processor) and cost $7000 when new. Some leftovers are still available considerably cheaper.

I love it. I will start my hunt today. I was able to find one already for 3000.00. All I would need besides this is the Oppo 105. Which would give me the Analog outs I would need to Hardcopy Media.

I've been using a 8 year old Yamaha HTR-5860 (95w RMS) to power the ML vista's. I will still need to hold onto the Yamaha as the Pre Pro (for now) but as of right now I am running pretty much all my components analog in anyways. I hope it won't really limit the integration of the Rotel Stereo Power Amp.

My Sources are a
Rega Planar 2 via Rotel RQ-970BX Phono Stage for Vinyl
Raspberry PI "Raspyfi" via Meridan Explorer Dac for streaming Audio
Raspberry PI "Rasbmc" for streaming Video

That is nearly the EXACT amplifier I was looking at. What is the difference between the 1582 and the 1572? From what I can tell the 1582 uses AB amplifiers and the 1572 uses Class D amplifiers. Does the 1582 produce 400 watts at 4 ohms? Rotel's website doesn't really seem very helpful.

I believe Class D amplifiers are more efficient, like as much as 90%. If I wasn't so comfortable on my sofa I'd go in the other room and dig up my textbook from my semi-conductor devices class.

Back