Is there allot of difference between the Ethos and the Theos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HT4ME

Reaction score
Folks,

I am already 99.9% sure the floor standing speakers being purchased will be the ML Ethos; however, I wanted to ask two questions: what is the difference between the Ethos and the Theos? Is the Ethos worth the extra money?

Thanks,

HT4ME

Hola ht4me. I do find a lot of difference between them, and the extra money really worth it! The Ethos is an extraordinary speaker with very good quality overall. The bass is very articulated, and with the adjustment of the level of the bass at 100Hz +-10dB, you are allow to adjust them for a very precise bass. The panel is a little bigger than the Theos, and also, the passive radiator at the bottom of the speakers works very nice too. This is my liking. Trust your ears, and get the one that you liked most!. Happy listening

With the Ethos, I like the fact that the bass is self powered, so any amplifier you choose to use will have less load to worry about. This opens up the possibility of using less expensive amps - although the Ethos will reveal in an amplifier that can punch out oodles of current.

Back