HT4ME: An Introduction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HT4ME

Reaction score
Greetings one and all,

I am new (about one year) to the world of home theater technology; however, that being said, I am HOOKED! As a computer science grad, anything techno grabs my attention.

I have spent the last six months looking for the right HT system for my first home theater. After much deliberation and research, it was determined that Martin Logan provides the quality and precision I am looking for. I will be purchasing the following:

FR & FL: Ethos
Center: Motif X
Surrounds: Vanquish (wall speakers do not work with my layout and I do not want the surrounds on the floor)
Sub: Depth i

I will be setting up a 5.1 system; however, I am wiring for the future: 7.2 (see layout attached) NEW Home Theater pic.jpgNEW Home Theater pic.jpg.

I look forward to teaching and learning on this site.

With much appreciation,

HT4ME

Welcome. Your plan presentation is outstanding.

I agree with your choice of inbuilt surrounds. Out of sight, out of mind and being able to conceal the speaker wiring in your ceiling is a great option.

Last edited:
edwinr,

Thanks for the response to my post. I look forward to many long years of enjoying Martin Logan speakers.

Short story: I, being a newbie to home theater but a technology geek (my career field), was about to pull the trigger on purchasing Klipsch for my entire project. I remember going out to Google one last time to check for solutions. On the results page, a picture of the Martin Logan Theos appeared. I remember saying out loud, "WHAT IS THAT???". It was the coolest speaker I have ever seen (and still is). I made my first journey then and there to the Martin Logan website. I perused all the products and was awestruck by the technology. Two days later, I took a 3 hour trip to the closest reserve store and auditioned for several hours. I was in heaven. The blend of incredible detail, range, subtle tones and heart pounding bass was literally the best I have ever heard. Some day, if the gods allow it, I will upgrade to the CLX art. For at least ten years though, I think I am set.

Have a great week and thanks again for welcoming aboard.

With much appreciation,

Matthew

Back