best Squeezebox replacement available???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonmenninger

Reaction score
OK it seems like the squeezebox has had its day so what are you guys using for streaming your music from your computer and also for pandora, internet radio, etc? What is the "best" system out there today?

gordon:confused::confused:

I'm still using a Squeezebox Touch (with Triodes "Enhanced Digital Output" app) as my primary source, feeding my Bel Canto DAC. Thus far, Logitech has not "pulled the plug" on mysqueezebox.com, nor the Logitech Media Server software, so everything still works perfectly. IMHO, there's still nothing comparable (at anywhere near that price point).

Same three - for the same reasons also - nothing comes close at any price.

Have a look at the forthcoming Olive One - that might be a worthy competitor in its time. That is the only one I know of.

ok thanks for the info guys! I haven't been able to stream any internet radio stations for months and cannot figure it out for the life of me how to get my internet radio stations from around the globe to play on my SB... I had them all in a folder called Favorites and they are all still in there. When i click on one, it acts like it is going to play but the UV meters do not move and there is no sound. After 30 seconds I get a message saying "could not resolve ip address......."
I don't even see the Radio option on the sb screen running logitech media server.
When i switch to Mysqueezebox.com the Radio option is there and plays but none of my saved radio stations.

I have never understood the difference between MYSB.com and Logi Med Server...

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Try resetting your stations in mysequueeze box .com

The for forum is still there so you can ask your questions there. There is also a community built replacement comming out in several months. The general forum has details.

J

ok thanks for the info guys! I haven't been able to stream any internet radio stations for months and cannot figure it out for the life of me how to get my internet radio stations from around the globe to play on my SB... I had them all in a folder called Favorites and they are all still in there. When i click on one, it acts like it is going to play but the UV meters do not move and there is no sound. After 30 seconds I get a message saying "could not resolve ip address......."
I don't even see the Radio option on the sb screen running logitech media server.
When i switch to Mysqueezebox.com the Radio option is there and plays but none of my saved radio stations.

I have never understood the difference between MYSB.com and Logi Med Server...

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

MySqueezebox.com is basically a Logitech Media Server in the cloud. You should have an "Internet Radio" option whether running LMS or MYSB.

As for the radio stations, it sounds like the URLs have changed - maybe delete your favourites and re-add them.

Is the Squeezebox duet also unsupported? As per our digital discussion, I've been looking for a good way to network HQ music, and found quite a few Duets (NIB). Worth trying or am I off base?

OK it seems like the squeezebox has had its day so what are you guys using for streaming your music from your computer and also for pandora, internet radio, etc? What is the "best" system out there today?
Having jumped onto the network streamer bandwagon recently with the Naim ND5 XS, I'd say that Naim has a well thought-out product with high sound quality, reliability and their n-stream app is very stable.

I'm also still using my SB Touch for streaming. I'm still buying CD's and ripping them as I still like having an actual copy.

I as well. I do use JR River to stream directly to my Marantz 8801 as well, but for multi room listening I use my 4 Squeezetouches.

J

Back