Newbie!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bromo33333

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I am new to this blog, and while I don't yet own Martin Logan speakers, I am most definitely "'static-curious"

Recently we demoed ML "Spires" and were duly impressed, so now we're trying to put together a budget for "Montis" or "Summit X"

My wife and I are both audiophiles (I got her into high end audio, she got me into vinyl!) - and have been building our system and are looking to take it to the next level.

Anyway - this is "Hello World" to you guys! :D

Bromo,

Welcome aboard, how things back in the 'Flower City' ? Long time Rochester resident here, back when Kodak was King !

This is the best time of year, so it's good times! A lot of fuss about the current situation with Kodak - though I'd have to say that in my 10 years here, the place is more a collection of small and medium sized firms than a handful of giant companies now more so than ever.

Did you ever shop at "The Sound Concept?" The guys there got me into high end audio.

Bromo,

Welcome aboard, how things back in the 'Flower City' ? Long time Rochester resident here, back when Kodak was King !

Did you ever shop at "The Sound Concept?" The guys there got me into high end audio.

is that the place on Monroe Ave between 590 and the twelve corners ? if so I thought they went out of business, they were a Chord dealer if memory serves me right. Back in my day living in Rochester (mid 70's) 'Bob Hyatt' was the audio guru in town. I get back to upstate NY often so perhaps we could meet up for an adult beverage and if you're a cigar smoker we can go to the only smoke friendly establishment in town..........Moe's on East Ave.

Yeah, The Sound Concept is all the way dead - it folded in 2008. Jim is selling Subaru cars for VanBortel, and Bob is the "high end" curator for David Lane's Stereo Shop in Henrietta. They have the Martin Logan account - so that's whose doorway we're darkening as we slowly build towards the purchase. I "only" go back to 2003 in Rochester - but have heard the name.

And absolutely - PM me if you head back to this neck of the woods - and it'd be nice to meet.

is that the place on Monroe Ave between 590 and the twelve corners ? if so I thought they went out of business, they were a Chord dealer if memory serves me right. Back in my day living in Rochester (mid 70's) 'Bob Hyatt' was the audio guru in town. I get back to upstate NY often so perhaps we could meet up for an adult beverage and if you're a cigar smoker we can go to the only smoke friendly establishment in town..........Moe's on East Ave.

Welcome aboard... Glad to have you here and very cool that your wife is an audiophile too. I don't think that happens often.

Back