'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont do it matt, get something thats price aint going to drop through the floor in a couple of years

Dont do it matt, get something thats price aint going to drop through the floor in a couple of years

as long as you enjoy it...go for it. Hopefully it does not have that POS Getrag transmission that I had in mine. As good as the Coyote motor is the Getrag was a complete turd, but I suspect by now Ford has it rectified.

Don't let that Mustang fall over!

Kinda like Maryland's basketball program has?

Nice! Enjoy!

Thanks! 16th stang and counting!

It has Wireworld cables, it will never lose value. Besides, who said I paid that for it? :) (I bought it used, that was their highly marked up price)

as long as you enjoy it...go for it. Hopefully it does not have that POS Getrag transmission that I had in mine. As good as the Coyote motor is the Getrag was a complete turd, but I suspect by now Ford has it rectified.

It's a '13 so I am not sure. I had T56's in my 03-04 cobras and they weren't bad. What did you have?

You got that right. 'Course, I'm just a transplant, so it don't matter too much to me.

Now, if you wanna talk Oklahoma / Oklahoma State football, well, that's a whole different matter.

In any case, enjoy your very nice ride!

I live in Kentucky. We don't talk football here for obvious reasons.

It's a '13 so I am not sure. I had T56's in my 03-04 cobras and they weren't bad. What did you have?

mine was a '10, first year for the new 5.0, while the 6 speed Getrag is supposedly a fine German 'designed' tranny they went the cheap way out and had in produced in China. Shifts 1-2-3 were at times a nightmare, sometimes requiring dbl clutching to get back into first gear. I agree ,Tremec is a much better piece.

mine was a '10, first year for the new 5.0, while the 6 speed Getrag is supposedly a fine German 'designed' tranny they went the cheap way out and had in produced in China. Shifts 1-2-3 were at times a nightmare, sometimes requiring dbl clutching to get back into first gear. I agree ,Tremec is a much better piece.

Did some googling and it does still have the MT82, but according to what I read in several forums, it has been modified with updates and supporting mods to remedy the issues found on the early 5.0's. It appears to have really gotten bad on the 11's. Alas, still a Chinese built trans. Thanks for the insight, we learn something new every day!

Found this picture of Dave from a few years back...some form of social gathering I dunno exactly

olivia-and-klaus.jpg

I like Starbucks Italian Roast !

Picture of my old Vette , Dave's got the high dollar one ;)

Larry

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 235
Picture of my old Vette , Dave's got the high dollar one ;)

Larry

looks superb Larry ! IMO, when you consider the performance we have, both are relative bargins !!

and how about that C-7 , I know of no other car on the planet that matches it's performance at it's msrp level !

Dave I"m getting tempted to pull the trigger on a C7 . You are correct Dave hard to beat the performance per dollar value of a Corvette. I was going to move up to a c6 zo6 but I may just skip a generation and go right to the C7 I will have to wait for the zo6 varient tho or whatever they will call it I heard different rumors !

Dave I"m getting tempted to pull the trigger on a C7 . You are correct Dave hard to beat the performance per dollar value of a Corvette. I was going to move up to a c6 zo6 but I may just skip a generation and go right to the C7 I will have to wait for the zo6 varient tho or whatever they will call it I heard different rumors !

C5 and C6 z are both killer cars. I definitely liked mine and most likely will get another Corvette after the kids are old enough to go to school on a bus in the morning, but next time I want a ZR1. After having the LSA, it will be very hard for me to accept something that doesn't make 600-700whp with basic bolt ons. lol

Dave I"m getting tempted to pull the trigger on a C7 .

I hear 'ya Larry, it will be a couple of years before 'deep discounting' is available though and then when new variants are introduced they won't be deep discounted !

C5 and C6 z are both killer cars. I definitely liked mine and most likely will get another Corvette after the kids are old enough to go to school on a bus in the morning, but next time I want a ZR1. After having the LSA, it will be very hard for me to accept something that doesn't make 600-700whp with basic bolt ons. lol

given the little time that one would really use or certianlly for that matter 'need' that much rwhp I'd be more than happy with 450-500 rwhp and a great chassis !

Back