'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing some research it is quick... no question - even on a track it does much better than even a Boxster S. Surprisingly it is even really good value for money here for the performance on offer.

No one owns one though. I think I have told you why to an extent.

No one owns one because they just went on sale and they're quite a niche car. I have seen a few around already, but it takes a special buyer to even be interested. You know what I see a lot of, though? Corvette Z06 and ZR1, which are pretty much king of the performance hill short of monster money. I agree that the Hellcat is likely to not be a great contender on track based on Dodge's past cars, but you never know. There are a ton of American cars around right now that outperform all of the overseas stuff.

Er.. the Camaro SS gets pulverised by a Boxster S 981 on the track. No time for a straight Boxster 981 but considering the 100 place gap between that and the Camaro SS I'd imagine fairly close.

No one owns the SS and it came out in 2010. The one you are on about I guess costs a lot more than an SS.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Er.. the Camaro SS gets pulverised by a Boxster S 981 on the track. No time for a straight Boxster 981 but considering the 100 place gap between that and the Camaro SS I'd imagine fairly close.

No one owns the SS and it came out in 2010. The one you are on about I guess costs a lot more than an SS.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Justin,

No comparison, check out the test result of the new 'Z28'

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...turbo_s_nissan_gt_r_comparison/?__federated=1

keep in mind the GTR and Porsche are AWD vehicles !

Last edited:
Dave the link you supplied shows the Porsche is MUCH faster. Indeed, the link I supplied shows 9 Porsche 911s higher than the Chevy.

American pride, LOL. Respect the Fatherland.

Dave the link you supplied shows the Porsche is MUCH faster. Indeed, the link I supplied shows 9 Porsche 911s higher than the Chevy.

Sure they are, but they are the mega dollar versions of the 911. You're talking about a boxster. Hell, my daily driver 4 door 4500lb car laps the ring similarly to the boxster s and destroys it in a straight line. Compare those 911s that beat the Z28 to the $65k Corvette times.... lol.

Last edited:

Now…now Justin, I suggest you get an appointment with your eye doctor………….

Camaro (with correct tire pressure) - 1:36.17

Porsche 911 Turbo S ------------------ 1:36.34

do the math ! oh…and BTW the Camaro is 50-60k less money to boot !!

Now…now Justin, I suggest you get an appointment with your eye doctor………….

Camaro (with correct tire pressure) - 1:36.17

Porsche 911 Turbo S ------------------ 1:36.34

do the math ! oh…and BTW the Camaro is 50-60k less money to boot !!

The 911 turbo s starts at $180k. That is $110k less money for the z28. haha

+1

But I'm holding out for the 2015 Acura NSX - Hybrid, Super-Handling torque vectoring on both axles and AWD (all my cars are AWD).

Jonathan, I'm looking forward to the new NSX as well, the previous model while nice never really performed to it's price point.

Now let me see... Neoliths or...

Attachments

• ml.jpg
    ml.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 109
Now let me see... Neoliths or...
Nice car, Justin, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side :)

It's a no-brainer....the Neoliths sound better. Besides, do you get enough dry weather that you can really enjoy a convertible?

Yes Bernard of course you can - it's not that bad around here.

I seem to have developed a speaker/car colour mismatch, though.

Big time Congrats Justin …………..see's a beauty !!

Very nice! I wish we had license plates that shape here. I couldn't bring myself to have holes drilled in either my Porsche or BMW front bumpers for our plates, so I bought plate holders that screw into the front bumper tow hook receptacles on both vehicles.

DSC01795-X2.jpg

Glad your happy with your plate solution Steve.

Compared to the SLK, I can't believe how comfortable the 981 Boxster is. Adaptive cruise control is excellent. During my 50 minute daily motorway commute, I just steer 90% of the time. I can't vouch for any other adaptive cruise implementations but this seems excellent.

Unsure why YouTube videos aren't working when embedded in forum posts anymore. Just hit the YouTube logo.

Last edited:
Good video Justin. While the adaptive cruise control seems well implemented in the Porsche, it sure was annoying in the Toyota I drove. I can see how it can be a safety aid and I especially liked the last feature that would slow, even to a stop when someone slammed their brakes in front of you.

It takes a little while to trust it - but a high level of trust trust doesn't take long once you see how well it responds to real life dynamics. The biggest moments of trust are when someone pulls in front of you when you're in the outside lane. Had that this evening when some complete idiot did it and at a much slower speed than I was going. It handled it excellently.

In fact, I am convinced it drives better than I do. It maintains distance better - a safe distance at all times really, and essentially it has no emotions. That's a huge factor. It doesn't go "I'm going to drive too close because that guy was just an idiot" or some such. Though that option remains if desired, of course:D It also requires far less mental effort to drive - great after a hard day.

I'm confident that if I am tired the system will go a long way to protecting me. While it is an expensive option, it is worth every penny.

The system in the video looks identical in every respect to the Boxster one.

Porsche track day this coming Monday. May post a few pics. And a few from the HiFi show too:)

Latest posts

Back