'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Steve (SlowGeezer) and I have been PM'ing back and forth on a few things and we got talking cars. I thought I'd start a thread on an informal gathering that happens on Sat mornings at a Starbucks near you.........these actually occur throughout the country, called 'coffe & cars'.

Mine is the Blade Silver '12 Grand Sport parked next to my buddy's sweet Ferrari, I suspect I'm 'bringing down the neighborhood' !

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20130706_081532_317.jpg
    IMG_20130706_081532_317.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 241
Nice ride! We had one of these in the ATL, it got so large they had to hire the police to direct traffic in and out of the Starbucks parking lot. As with all things that get large there started to be problems with people doing burn outs, racing in the parking lot, harassing customers, etc., so the shopping center banned the event.

Beautiful car Dave! We have coffee and cars in a little town about five miles from my house, the first Sunday of every month, too. I'm on the way to the gym, but when I get back I'll see if I have any pics from one and post. In the meantime, here's one of my car. It's nowhere near as fast as the 'vette, but is a pleasure to drive.
DSC03941-XL.jpg

'pleasure to drive' I'm sure............car aint to shabby either !!!

You know Steve I firmly believe the Caymen and the Vette are two of the best sports cars for the $$ out there.

I like the Cayman a lot. I think it looks great. I have gotten rid of my z06 since I rarely use it any more with 2 young kids and am driving a CTS-V with ~700HP. Pretty good substitute and I get to drive it every day.

You know Steve I firmly believe the Caymen and the Vette are two of the best sports cars for the $$ out there.

I agree. The Vette competes and surpasses in some areas with supercars from from Ferrari, Lambo and the upper level Porsches, for so much less cash. The Cayman has handling second to none, it just doesn't have the power of the supercars.

I like the Cayman a lot. I think it looks great. I have gotten rid of my z06 since I rarely use it any more with 2 young kids and am driving a CTS-V with ~700HP. Pretty good substitute and I get to drive it every day.

Wow! That's a lotta power. Yeah, I think you're doing alright. :rocker:

Lets talk about coffee! Yay!

What's your fave?

well Tom since having the incident with my 'ticker' back in April I've cut back big time, but favorite still is Seattles Best #5.

here's a couple more pics from last sat 'coffe & cars', I just love those black chrome wheels on the Challenger..........

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 210
I love the porsche's for handling, I was driving by a dealership last week and saw a porsche boxster outside so I drove in to check it out. The dealer wanted $10600 for a 2000 with 94k miles and I got him down to 9.5k. Well on my way out to my moms ranch I was emailing him before I left saying I would do $9100 and he was debating it. Well I got to the ranch then checked my email and he sold it, on a Friday at 6:30 pm. I am still gutted over it and should have just bought it or offered him a pair of my wireworld speaker cables lol

Anyways...... ever since that I am scouring classifieds everywhere looking to buy one and wont rest until I do. We dont have the coffee and cards but we have an event called cruising broadway were everyone drives down broadway ave on thursday evening and its really cool with them old muscle cars n hot rods

Totally agree! And that Steve guy sure knows how to accessorize his Cayman!

BTW, have you all ever listened to the George Jones hit, "The One I Loved Back Then"?

Sorta fits...

Last edited:
Geez, Dave. All those pictures have me salivating. I sold my Mercedes SLK 320 awhile back and am hankering for a sports car again. In a few weeks I will FINALLY be able to pick up my completely restored and upgraded 1955 Jaguar XK 140!!!! It has been a LONG wait on the restoration, but it will be so worth it when I finally have the car. I will certainly post pictures on this site when I get it. Now I just need to find a model similar to the one Steve has alongside his Cayman. What better way to accentuate the beautiful curves of the car?

Steve. What year cayman? I love the new 2013 exterior design changes.

My favorite was the "Route 66" blend from Misha's Coffee in Old Town Alexandria, VA. They roasted their beans on-site and the smell was wonderful. My current favorite store bought coffee is the French Roast, by San Francisco Bay. These are individual Keurig packets and taste great.

Latest posts

Back