'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually Steve the Chevy that's most impressive right now is the new Z-28, recent article in C&D amazed me how it ranked against some of the worlds finest cars. I can't wait for the new Corvette ZO6 though

Here is my latest ride that I picked up a few months back. I like the combination of sport and luxury. For weekend fun, I have a 1955 Belair.

sl550bridge.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Sweet looking' Benz ………… now lets see a pic of the '55 !

FWIW, here's my ole girl ……….

My Chevy isn't as cool as yours but it is a family heirloom. My grandfather bought this car new in December 1954.

55side.jpg

Here is the engine.

engine4.jpg

Looks pretty 'cool' to me ! since were sharing pics of engine bays, 383 'stroker'

Picture 003.jpg

Looks like serious business. Mine is a 283. It is 40 over, heads are ported polished, hardened seats and Teflon seals, double springs and roller rockers. Running a mild Comp cam. The intake is an Edlebock that I machined off the name and had it powder coated. The ram horn exhaust are from a '57 and HPC coated. The tranny is a TH350 with a reworked valve body. Your basic weekend grocery getter.

I must admit the US custom car scene produces some excellent looking motors.

Here's some Silverstone snaps. Not possible for the wife to get close to the various tracks (all owned by Porsche) so pics are limited.

The instructor was great. There are water hazards that simulate black ice that has a machine that gives the back wheels a huge jolt when you pass over it, slippy circular tracks, a race track etc etc. Really varied and excellent fun.

James Dean's terminator - the 550A. This is a restoration so £3 million. £6 million for an original. Only 130 BHP - bless!

DSC01526

DSC01528

New Boxster for contrast.

DSC01530

Me on the way out and back in in the same(ish) spec Boxster I have. The blue is my 2nd fave Boxster colour.

DSC01514

DSC01523

The Driving Experience centre.

DSC01538

Promo video - but there are now extra tracks.

I'd love to do that Porsche Driving Experience! We have one at the Skip Barber track, in Birmingham, Alabama. While I've been on that track a number of times with both a Ducati 998 and a Yamaha R6, I've never taken the Porsche school.

Last edited:
Co-incidence - I used this Barber video a lot when deciding which colour to go for. Which was - none on the video, LOL! The mahogany was a close call, though.

The driving experience is quite expensive here. Good job it "appears to be" free with the car, if you know what I mean.

Back