20 years

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, how time flies. I just realized that it's been twenty years since I first bought my Sequel IIs new from the local Atlanta dealer.

the cool thing is: I still have them and they work great as my rear speakers in my setup.

I never imagined I'd keep a set of speakers this long. But that's part of the value equation of the ML line, they last a long time and provide good long term enjoyment.

So here is a thank you to my friends at ML. And a tip of the hat to the great work you all do.

Last edited:
20 years! That's long a long time to have a pair of speakers! The longest time I've owned speakers is about 10 years.

Feliz cumpleaños! Wow, that´s good to know. I do love the sound of Martin Logan too. Jonathan, I salute you! Happy listening.

I have been enjoying my B&W 801s since 1980. I replaced my DQ10s with them.

ML entered my life with Vantages and now Montis.

I now have three listening choices

1. Living room B&W
2. Office Vantage
3. Video and Listening Room with Montis, Stage X, FX2, and some 10 year old NHT DP2 hybrid dipoles for rears.

J

Last edited:
Congrats, Jon. Cool that your original ML's are still pulling surround duty in your main system. I have only had my Ascents about 12 years now, and they are now in my downstairs (gym) system. But they still sound awesome, powered by the Pass X-350.5!

That's a good 'run' Johnathan but you still have a way to go to catch up to my Maggie MG III's, now serving over thirty years, albeit with a ribbon tweeter replacement. Currently residing in my son's system in Pine Jct, Co.

Thanks everyone, good to see these aren't the only long-term set ;)

Bought MG1.5 brand new over twenty years ago, sold them last year to a friend at 250€. I don't know for how long my CLX will last but I want to keep them forever :bowdown:

Many congrats, JonFo. My ReQuests and the trusty old Classe' are not too far behind, coming in at 17 years and still going strong.

Awesome! I've had my Odysseys since 2004 I think?? No problems and just like new.

That's a good 'run' Johnathan but you still have a way to go to catch up to my Maggie MG III's, now serving over thirty years, albeit with a ribbon tweeter replacement. Currently residing in my son's system in Pine Jct, Co.

Well now, if we want to talk about speakers we've had for a long time, I've used my Radio Shack Minimus speakers for about 40 years! I had to replace a tweeter ($10 from Radio Shack). I've used those speakers as rear speakers in 2 or 3 cars, in 2 or 3 garages, in a couple of bedrooms, in a living room and lately, as speakers in the outdoor living area, so that I can have tunes for pool parties. The damn things have been pi**ed on by a Pomeranian, exposed to direct sunlight and high and low temps and now look like crap, but they are still going great!

13 years on my SL3s

Congrats!

I've had my SL3s for 13 years. They recently survived a move clear across the country (from Maryland to Northern California) and are doing great even though they now play in a much smaller room.

Guido F.

Back