B$W to Ethos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessJosh

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I am a newby here but an old-be everywhere I go. I just purchased the Ethos Martin Logan speakers here in Manhattan and hope to receive them by this weekend. After hearing them, I decided to trade in my B&W 802 which I have owned for over 13 years for the ML. I had them play the Organ Symphony by Saint-Saens which is on an old Mercury Living Presence CD from about 1958 but wow, what a wonderful sound which came out of the MLs. Some people probably will think I am crazy for doing this but right now I feel the ML is superior.

I live in lower Manhattan in an apartment building but our apartment's living room faces an elevator shaft where the loudest part of the music goes and I have never had a complaint. I would appreciate it if somebody who has the same speaker system which I bought (the least expensive Ethos) would give me some guidance concerning the speakers. I am happy to join this forum and I will be writing soon about my experience with Ethos.:rocker:

Welcome oldbe, you will fit in well with some of the old farts that are on this site lol. They might even post on here once they wake up from their mid-afternoon nap.

Least expensive is a relative term with ML...not any of it is budget-minded. Congrats on the purchase and again, welcome. If you are just now gettting to know them, just wait till they burn in and/or you get accustomed to them.

Back