Hello MLO!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ten21

Reaction score
In my search for a change from my Ohm I, I was lucky to come across a pair of Monolith III. So here Iam looking for your wisdom and insight into taking full advantage of these fantastic speakers. A couple of questions I'm currently "bi-amping" the speakers after experimenting with the passive crossover, using a Ex-442 alone then adding Bryston 4b nrb to drive the top and the BK to the bottom. Currently I've added a DCX 2496 as an active crossover on the bottom only to drive/match gain btw amps leaving the Bryston on the passive crossover and leaving the sound "coherent". It working well but I do occasionally hit red on the Bryson. Would theses speaker truly benefit from mc 402 or Sanders amps?

Ten, welcome !

regarding your Bryston, I would think it's 400 watts (4 ohm) would suffice, assuming it's working up to spec. If you could 'try'another amp, or even switch between the Bk ??

Appreciate the reply Twich. I'll try to get my hands on another amp to test them out. The Bryson ran fine with the Ohms but as they say with the Monoliths, they will show your system weakness.

Back