What's the smallest room you've had ML's work in?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10615

Reaction score
Well, finally got a pair of Ethos, great sound then after a week SWMBO :bowdown: who I thought was mellowing to them blue a fuse. So to save melt down I have removed the offending items and at present have no sounds :sad:

So I have a room 4 X 2.8 metres, 13' x 9'3'' I may try and set them up in and just wondered what the size rooms you folks have got them to work in? :banghead:

Hola. Your Ethos will work even in a smaller room than that!. You do not have any issues regarding the size of your room. You can adjust the bass level +-10dB from 100Hz and below of these frequencies. Also, because the size of your room, you are allow to use smaller wattage amplifier as low as 20Watts/channel RMS. Of course you can use bigger wattage amplifier with no problem. Here in Costa Rica, our rooms are even smaller than yours in UK, and we do not have really any issues with ML products. Martin Logan speakers are big, so, I think that in a bigger room, they perform nicely too. Just trust your ears, and if you like what you are listening, then, you are OK. Happy listening!

I don't have your ML, but I have SL3s. I recently moved, so my listening room is now only 9'x11'. With DRC in the low frequencies, sound absorbing panels at the first reflection points, and skyline diffusers in the back wall, it sounds just fine.

Guido F.

Well, spent today and converted the office into a listening room, office work will now be mobile, the very purpose of my laptop :rocker:.

Thanks for the replies and yes they work fine, very fine. Set them up then when happy with position & fitted spikes. Used the DSpeaker Antimode 2 to help correct room response and will tweak the set up once I've had a good listen. May look at other treatments at first reflection in time but need my music fix first after a week without :music: So I'll look up and find the most effective treatments for the future in the uk

Your SWMBO sounds like she is demonstrating passive-aggressive behavior: At first passive for a whole week, and then aggressive... How is it she doesn't know about your need for large ESL's in the living room? How were the Ethos introduced to her?

Where are the pics of the guy who had his ML's hanging from the ceiling? Now that was a SMALL room.

ah welcome , fab to have you on mlo site , looking forward to hearing them

Well here you are for starters, you can have a look first. The speakers and system replaced two office desks in this second set up, err the walls aren't pink! Since this I have made 2 4'x2'x4'' bass absorber panels that are angled across the corner and will add 1st point deflectors and absorber on the room door and ceiling I think. Searching for best price options or freebies. Will try and do a with and without panels when I get time and report on the difference :rocker:

DUOUz8Fl.jpg
[/IMG]

Back