Trouble with SL3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aworkx

Reaction score
I own 4 Martin Logan SL 3. Unfortunately, one of them seems to be out of work. The red led is lighting when a signal is received but the sound level from the panel is about 2 times less loud. I read that it would be the end of the panel’s life. I also read that Martin Logan doesn’t produce SL3 panels anymore… I think the retailer for Europe is Audio Quartet in France but I don’t have any help from them. Speakers have been bought in Belgium (where I live).
Would you have a solution to get rid of this big trouble ?

Thanks for help ;)

Also the Ascent, Ascent I and Odyssey have the same size. On the other hand, you have to do some work to find if it is the panel or the power supply. Just exchange from the pair (serial numbers must be consecutive) stat panel, if the problem remains in the same panel, then that is the problem. If the panel is ok, then the PSU is the culprit. Happy listening.

I now have the same problem. One panel is near 2X less output and sounds weak in comparison to my other SL3. So is this a panel issue?

HG5150, read Roberto's post immediately above yours.

Last edited:
They do still make the panels... I just inquired about them... $1300US a pair plus shipping and takes about 2-3 weeks to make them...

Back