New owner with a used and finicky pair of requests!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVU ML Fan

Reaction score
Hi all!

I recently obtained a pair of request speakers among other pieces of stereo equipment. I will post in another section the issue I am having. Based on my research it seems to be an issue with the power supply or the panels.. The panels are very quiet and the subs are very not. Anyone have any pointers? I am going to call ML on Monday and see what they have to say. I just really want to troubleshoot this and get them sounding great.

When you write quiet/not quiet, do you mean noise or sound volume?

Low sound volume. I also noticed there is a dim red light at the bottom of each speaker. Hoping it is a power supply isue based on my readings I think. It doesn't seem like the panels are getting much power. I am currently biamping using a Snell SPA 750 sub amp on the subs so I can do gain control and using a Golden Tube SE 100 tube amp for the highs. They need pretty much full power for the panels and start to distort before coming much louder than speaking volume.

It sounds like it could be either dusty/dirty films, in which case vacuum, vacuum and vacuum, or a power supply issue in which case Martin Logan Service Dept. can help you. And they are very helpful.

The symptom is not completely unlike my experience with my Vantages. They improved beyond recognition the first couple of months. I suspect they attracted dust and moisture during transport.

Hope you find a solution. Keep posting.

Holy cow what a difference! I think they still might need a washing but vacuuming was a huge step in the right direction!

Good to hear that it worked. Try vacuuming them once a week for a month or so.

Latest posts

Back