Introducing myself

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velocitymj

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm a long time ML owner.
I bought my first pair of Martin Logan's, the Sequel ll's, in 1990.
Now I have the Prodigy, which until I can hear a pair of CLX's that are set up right, I'm staying with (the long time techs at Martin Logan have told me they have a special attachment to the Prodigy).
Due to complaints by my neighbors, at the moment, everything is jammed into my office, until I can find a suitable work/live space.
My front end is a Bryston BCD-1, Oppo 83, Magnum Dynalab Etuded, Mark Levinson no. 32 pre and a Mark Levinson no. 334 amp and a Furman iT Reference 15i.
Interconnects are mix of Tara Labs .08 and Audioquest Sky.
Speaker's are bi-wired with 12' pairs of Transparent Audio Ref.
Tweaks: Goldmund cones, tube buffer (for the tuner).
Working on a new analog build next.
I look forward to meeting everyone and have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi Michael, Bruce here.

I have to agree with the "long term techs". I have had my Prodigy for a little over 7 years now.

I will be doing a little write-up on my current mix of equipment soon, and how to get the Prodigy bottom end up to and exceeding the current DSP active standards of the current hybrid line, without cracking the Prodigy open. In other words with external equipment, most of it VERY BANG FOR THE BUCK.

I have heard the CLX in 5 locations so far. None have sounded as good as the Prodigy in my home. Of course none of the setups have had the 7+ years of system tweaking and setup that I have had in my "very small room".

I am in the greater Los Angeles area. If you would like to hear Prodigy work well in a room that is not supposed work, send me a private message and we will see if we can get together.

1384475963.jpg

Audiogon Virtual system here

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1317958032&view

Back