Hello everybody!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joerod

Reaction score
My name is joe (joerod) and I am happy to register here. I have my own Review site and I just recently Reviewed the Stage X and Theos speakers. So far I am very impressed and looking forward to checking out other MLs in the future. I am using two Parasound A51s with a Marantz AV8801 in my set up. Here is a link to my Review:

http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homest...and-THEOS-SPEAKER-REVIEW.html?_=1365896687929

Looking forward to hanging out here some. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 238
Joe, welcome aboard, nice looking HT setup !!

I remember reading many of your posts joe, I think you were giving praises to the bohlender speakers last time I read something you wrote. I am curious now as to how your gear sounds now that your using the electrostats. Are you now noticing the bigger diff between the AVR's and the preamps?

Welcome to the club and look forward to what you will be adding to the forum

Yes, I was and still am a fan of the BGs but now we just like the MLs that much more. I don't think I could ever go back to a passive center now. The more power with exceptional clarity won us over. The Stage X can be a starter in any serious home theater set up.

I just got rid of my stage and was thinking of the stage x, one thing for me is that I give up the good seats when guests come over. I find that the stage is not that great when seated too far to the left and right as its not as good off axis. I just popped in an old matinee I had in the closet . I would recommend you snag a pair of source for surrounds as they can be had for peanuts and are exceptional performers and they blend seamlessly with my Vistas up front.I sent you a message one time on avs under the name dbox1080p and you helped me pick out a sony bdp790 and I love it so I thank you for that. Would you say its a wise choice to move up to one of the new oppo's?

Thanks for the idea of using Source for surrounds. I will think about it. As for Blu ray players the 790 is still a stout player and the image with the 103 is very close. I still have both. As for your center choice how wide is your room. We have found the Stage X to make the back row feel like the front row and the furthest seats to the left and right have the same effect. We don't have "the good seats" or the "sweet spot" anymore. Of our 8 spots all are front row ear candy.

Joerod, very nice home theater setup and welcome to our site. Have you tried moving the speakers out a ways from the front wall? It may just be the picture, but it looks like they are right up against it.

Hey slow geezer, thanks for the compliment. I actually only had them closer to the wall so I could fit them both in my pic. I have them about 18 inches away from where they are in the pic. The sound is top notch.
:)

They have been breaking in rather nicely. We did Oz in 3D the other night and the end was amazing. Both eye and ear candy wise!!! The Stage X steals the show every time...

Back