Spade connectors: straight, 25 degree or 45 degree?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSolar

Reaction score
I have a new pair of Theos that should be in this week. I was going to order some new 10 gauge cable from Blue Jeans and was wondering what kind of spades would be the best, straight, 25 or 45 degree for the Theos posts.

Here is a picture and description if it helps:

spadesandpins.png

"Our spades are available in three configurations: our standard 45 degree spade is about 8.7mm wide at its widest and will fit the vast majority of binding posts (up to approx. 5/16 inch or smaller); our 25 degree spade is the same width as the 45; and our flat spade is 10mm wide and so will fit unusually-large diameter binding posts up to 3/8 inch."

totally dependent as to angle / ht that your cables are run to your amp.

In double-blind listening sessions, I found that straight spades presented a MUCH smoother midrange and overall flatter frequency response vs. 45 degree spades.

J.K. April Fools! :D

The bending of the spade connectors cause the electrons to bottleneck which causes your amp to work harder.

I'd get the straight ones.

Ha ha ha ha! You guys crack me up! I had trouble with spades on my Quest Z's being way too close for comfort so I went with banana or papaya plugs. Hehehehe :)

Back