Hello from Norway - and firecrackers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi.
Currently breaking in my new Theos... Enjoying it immensely, rediscovering my old music. But even more fun; discovering brand new (some of it really old..!) music:
Subscribing to the streaming service provided by "Wimp" enables me to test any musical whim I might have ;)
They have an immense catalogue; highly recommended! Streaming at AAC 320, the quality is actually quite good.
I have explored several of the suggestions in the MLO forum and discovered some gems. Thanks!

Sadly, one of my two dogs is not as happy as I am; at least a couple of times during any longer listening session, sudden "firecracker noise" burst trough the music for a couple of seconds, scaring him halfwitted..! As he also is every new years eve.
My ML manual says it may be due to dust, but I cannot quite understand how it could gather in such short time..? I've tried to vacuum, but it still appear.
Any suggestions?

The rest of my setup is:
Vincent CD-S6
Apple AirPort Express optically coupled with Peachtree iDac
Vincent dual monaural preamp SA-91
2 x Midgard Oberon 6.1 monoblock

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome, fellow Theos owner. My set "evolved" over at least 100 hours or so, and I have a s/s amp, but the rest of my system, Pre-amp, Tuner and CD player are all tubes. I enjoy them very much. I hope you can solve your problems and thrill in their sound!

Sadly, one of my two dogs is not as happy as I am; at least a couple of times during any longer listening session, sudden "firecracker noise" burst trough the music for a couple of seconds, scaring him halfwitted..! As he also is every new years eve.
My ML manual says it may be due to dust, but I cannot quite understand how it could gather in such short time..? I've tried to vacuum, but it still appear.
Any suggestions?

Maybe it's dog hair?

Maybe it's dog hair?

Hmmmm
I haven't thought of that, but that's (unfortunately..) a really good suggestion!
I also hadn't thought of vacuuming the rear surface of the panels... (Assuming that dust wouldn't settle there)
Since that; no firecrackling :)

An update;
Since my last vacuuming there have been no more firecrackers!! Only hours upon hours of beautiful music to enjoy.
...and a calm, happy dog.

Obviously there had been some dust on the rear panel...

Hola. To me, it could be a panel arcing. When you have the problem, were you playing the music loud? You should ask your dealer regarding this. It is not normal. Happy listening!

The crackling could appear at any time, interval and sound level.
However, I haven't had any problem since my thorough vacuuming of both front and rear. So, I guess it must have been some dust (not unlikely dog hair, as suggested..)

Back