Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: System #460 (CLX)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad225 View Post
    Happy to hear your singers have upgraded their vocal abilities Roberto.

I agree that Valentina Lisitsa, Chopin piece is amazing.
    Thanks Brad...by the way, you should give a try to the new BF-210 subs along with your CLXs. There is a special firmware that you download from ML site, to match the exact specific crossover point to blend the CLXs with the sub. You should give it a try, it won't harm your settings,or your system. The result is very enjoyable. As I always say, its not the quantity, its the quality. I believe that you will be happier. Do not get me wrong...I had also the Depth I and had once six at a time, in a bigger room, of course...but the sound of the BF-210 is quite different. It goes deeper, with outstanding clarity, and well defined bass notes without coloration...you can understand the difference between an E or an E-flat.

Relish the experience!

Roberto.

CLX, Stage X and Motion 4, BF-210 sub, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE amp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC with Teddy Pardo linear power supply, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Default last pic of my system

This is what I have now...I am really enjoying the sound from this new DAC. To my ears, it is excellent.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4, BF-210 sub, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE amp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC with Teddy Pardo linear power supply, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Roberto, So glad to hear that your system continues to put a smile on your face. It is amazing where the sound of DACs has come in the last 10 years.

Thank you Brad, and yesˇ. DSD format had changed my perception about digital, and I have good turntables to play with. I made a comparison, and perhaps you will not believe it, but playing the same music, LP vs E-32, I liked better the DAC. I got the nostalgia about LPs. I am not playing anymore analogue. There are so many flaws on turntables, as an example: miss-tracking, distortion, clicks and pops, wow and flutter, tonearm resonances on certain bass notes making them to be over-bass and this does not happens on digital. Having both devices synchro, playing the same music at the same time, and using the same intensity level SPL, I chose now digital. I did play all kind of music, and great recordings...digital is working very well. Both medias are very good, but digital to my ears, is more precise and more real. The instruments are projected with the right musical notes energy...the lack of bad resonances made me to chose digital, but this is with this DAC, this is giving me a much better presentation at the stage and the air of the musical instruments. The harmonic texture, the timbre is very good too. cymbals are clear and sharp. Piano notes have the same feeling.

I am very happy with the new members, the Conrad Johnson gear and the DAC. All really worth every penny.
    Happy listening!

Have you ripped all those CD's onto a hard drive yet?
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

I certainly was impressed by Roberto's system! That said, it was three years ago, when we both had the Audiolab MDAC. DSD does sound promising. I'm hoping to visit Roberto later this year.

Hola Tom. Yes I have. If you look at the right, you will see my Mac mini with 5 hard drives. There is where I have all my music. I use Audirvana Plus along with iTunes, and when I want to have better sound quality, I use the Signalyst software HQPlayer. This software is superb!

Happy listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    I certainly was impressed by Roberto's system! That said, it was three years ago, when we both had the Audiolab MDAC. DSD does sound promising. I'm hoping to visit Roberto later this year.
    Hola Bernard,

This is your system Bernard...you are more than welcome. What you did listen before, had changed dramatically for better. My power amp and my preamp is doing a breath taking sound. I have to include my new DAC too.

As I said before, mi casa es su casa don Bernard, please do come and take your time for a serious listening.

Please receive a big hug from Costa Rica! And I wish to you a very happy listening!
    Roberto.