Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: System #460 (CLX)

Default System #460 (CLX)

Name - Roberto

Location - Costa Rica

Speakers - CLX, Stage x, Motion 4

Subwoofer: BF 210 with CLX crossover special filter.

Pre-amp - modded Onkyo PR-886 digital preamplifier processor

Amp - VTL stereo ST-150 .

Source - M-Dac - Mac Mini - Bel Canto CD2 Transport and a Bel Canto Reflink to convert USB to coax. Also an Oppo 103 as DVD Blu Ray player.

Center amp - Perreaux

Rear amplifier - McIntosch MC-2505. And Bedini 25/25

Also have a Harmonic Recovery System for each channel.

Cables: most Nordost Blue Heaven. Also I use DHlabs interconnects for rear channels. For digital cable, I use a DHLabs Mirage USB and D750 silver digital Interconnect

Mechanical ground for amp: Shun Mook U.D.R For DVD and preamplifier: Shun Mook S.D.R.

Room Eq: Shun Mook Mpingo discs and Spacial Control Octet.

AC line filter: Transparent PowerLink Reference.

I am using right now in my room, the speakers are, the CLXs, the Stage X for center, and for rear Motion 4. As a Pre-amplifier, I am using an Onkyo with the power supply modified, and also as a digital HT processor. For Stereo only, I use an AudioLab M-DAC, with a Mac Mini via USB to a Bel Canto Ulink coax to the DAC. Also have a Harmonic Recovery system for each channel. The main amp is an ARC VT-100 MK II modified at the power supply too. I use Kt-120 as power tubes. For the Stage X , I use a Perreaux and for the rears a McIntosch MC 2505. Cables Nordost blue heaven for main speakers. DH labs for others. Interconnect Nordost blue heaven mostly. TV- Vizio '65 " 3D DVD Blu Ray Player Oppo 103 and Bel Canto CD2 CD transport. Mpingos all over the room, and on top of all my system components.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by roberto; 08-17-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Very nice

What is the wood material of your CLX?

Very nice, Roberto. I find your guitar room treatments interesting. Does the system sound different if you swap guitars?

Lovely system Roberto, tweakers heaven.
    Macbook Pro, Bel Canto Ref Link, Wadia 27ix, Ayre KXR Twenty, ATC PA65A's

Hola Bernard, regarding my guitars, I had them tuned in different notes. By sympathetic resonance, the music makes them to sing along, and yes, I think this is a nice tweak, because there are notes that still sing in the room, naturally. I am glad you liked!.

Here are my guitars!

MPS, those are Dark Cherry. They look awesome! but, what I do like most, is their quality sound! I do know that there are a lot of great electronic gear that make them to sing better or nicer. But I am very happy with it.

Roberto my friend - so good to see your system up here after so long. Very tasteful and purposeful. Please, if you don't mind, I'd like to see more pictures!
    Last edited by MiTT; 03-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

Tim, my room is very small, but I had managed to adjust the volume level of all speakers in such way that you almost listen the rears...just for a little add to the sound when you are listening to the music. For HT is a different set up. For stereo, only front speakers of course.

Roberto, very nice! You need more CDs!
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Yup, they are all over my house... the wife is not very happy, but she is an angel. Happy listening!

Ha ha, I understand. If you want to make the wife happy, I suggest taking the CDs, SACDs, etc. out of the plastic jewel boxes and organize them into book type CD cases. They hold up to 256 CDs per case (4"x12"x10") and will free up 90% - 95% of the space you are currently using to store your media.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Now I can get rid of them. I have being storage them in my hard discs. Now, I do not loose time searching for a cd...just got any music right away, thanks to Itunes and Audirvana. The sound is very good... or perhaps, I am not an audiophile any more...just enjoying the wonderful musician(s) playing the music for me! Happy listening!

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    Now I can get rid of them. I have being storage them in my hard discs. Now, I do not loose time searching for a cd...just got any music right away, thanks to Itunes and Audirvana. The sound is very good... or perhaps, I am not an audiophile any more...just enjoying the wonderful musician(s) playing the music for me! Happy listening!
    Roberto, it must be great to not be an audiophile any more..........but have CLXes!

Roberto,
    IT looks great and I am sure it sounds wonderful. I know it must be very natural and very revealing.

Best of luck

Jeff