grotto sub buzzes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
i noticed today that my grotto and 2 depths subs were buzzing louder than usual today, more so when the servo kicks in. I have all my equipment including speakers (Summits, Stage) on a industural UPS, i plugged the subs into the ac house outlet and it seems to be less. any suggestions. should i take my equipment of the UPS? thanks

Hola twich54 is right. Do this, disconnect from the TV, the cable antenna. If you are using a cable box, then, from the input of the box. Check if the hum is gone. If this is the culprit, then you need an antenna ground loop eliminator. You can get it starting from Radio Shack or at amazon. Happy listening!

You have the buzz, then disconnect the input of the sub, if you still have the buzz, then it is not a ground loop problem. If the buzz goes away, check the cable. Perhaps you have a broken cable, or a faulty ground contact somewhere, and that's the reason why you have the buzz. If you have the buzz even when you unplugged the RCA input, then you have a problem with the sub, and you have to take it to the dealer for service. Happy listening.

Back