Sequel II Stat panels ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren B

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I noticed on my Sequell IIs I just bought, the stat panels have worked there way down about a 1/2 inch. Is it normal over time to slide down in rails?? And how can I reposition? I tried pushing them up, but no way.
Thank you,
Darren

Hola. Just lay down them over their back, use a cushion to protect the binding posts. With the aid of a rubber mallet, take the rails off, hitting on some models at their top, and other at their bottom. If you tapped and the rails does not move, then tap the opposite until the rail is removed. With both rails removed, then lift the panel to the right position and align it with the top of the wood frame at their top, and put back the rails. You can use a metal square of one inch x inch, at the bottom to prevent the panel from slipping down again. Happy listening.

Thank you Roberto!
So the rails slip into studs or something on sides?? Not sure how they attach? I dont want to mess something up :)

No. Take the rails off, and you will see that the tape there is acting as a cushion from the panel to the rails. Just use at the bottom, this square to shim the panels. The square will prevent the panel from slipping. You can get it at any hardware store. The panels are secured by pressure only. Also some have velcro at the bottom and at the top. Because they were hand made, you will find a lot of different types. Happy listening.

(snip) You can use a metal square of one inch x inch, at the bottom to prevent the panel from slipping down again.
ML will also send you a pair of anti-slip strips for free if you call them, because ML knew all along that letting them slip too far will eventually break free one of the soldered-on wires. Everyone with speakers using this style trim/mounting rails should get on top of this design issue.

On my SL3 made in 2000, there are pilot holes on the bottom of the cabinet for mounting these strips (although they were not included), but the location interferes with the standard spikes, so I had to drill new holes and then also use a ~3/8 inch spacer to make up the remaining gap to the bottom edge of the woofer grill. I guess it's up to us to put the finishing touch on them?

Back