First post here...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thegainster

Reaction score
... I've had a pair of Vista's for about 6 years now which I bought after enjoying a pair of a good friend's.
I keep it simple with just a Marantz SR19 as a pre and a Mac 7100 power amp.

Thing is I've had numerous problems with the Logan's, so I came here for advice. Where to post?

Guide me all wise men...and women...

Last edited:
Hi Mitch.. Welcome. What problems have you had with your logans?

Thank you. It's good to be here.

I bought these new a few years back... worked a second job to afford them, and have loved them ever since. Bought a Mcintosh to run her. All was good in Mitchland. Then the bass driver went bad. Contacted ML and they ask me to check my amp. Ok... took the amp out of the system, had her checked out and all was in order. They sent a new driver and she was back up and running. Just last week I put my system back together as I bought a new house, and was excited to listen to some Etta James on the Logans. Well, something was amiss. Seems the left side was weaker and dull. I have good cabling but checked anyway. Then I switched the ML from left to right and right to left and the dullness followed.
I contacted ML and they want to sell me a new panel for over $900.00. I would have $5000.00 into a set worth $1000 or so now. I can buy a used set for the price of a panel.

Is this a common thing with ML's? These are young and babied!

I have a pair of 25+ year old 1290"s that have never had an issue. Looking forward to everyone's advice and thanks in advance.

Ok... I feel better now.:)

Mitch

Mitch, welcome.....sorry to hear of your troubles and yes the panels 'should' last longer than six years when properly cared for.

Have you opened the problem speaker to look for any sign of something that doesn't look correct. Loose wire something else that has come loose and contacting another part in the electrical path.

I would think the odds of the panel going bad just from moving them would be quite low.

If ML had no other suggestion other than purchasing new panels I would connect the wires from the problem panel electronics to the good panel to be sure it there is no issue there. Then I would connect the electronics of the good speaker to the problem panel. That way you will know for sure it is the panel.

If I am correct the warranty is 5 years so you have nothing to lose.

You will just need 3 wires to make a jumper between the two speakers to extend the red, blue and black wires that are permanently attached to the panel.

I am sure someone here with more knowledge of the electronics may have some suggestions.

Good luck Mitch. Keep us updated on the issue.

Have you opened the problem speaker to look for any sign of something that doesn't look correct. Loose wire something else that has come loose and contacting another part in the electrical path.

I would think the odds of the panel going bad just from moving them would be quite low.

If ML had no other suggestion other than purchasing new panels I would connect the wires from the problem panel electronics to the good panel to be sure it there is no issue there. Then I would connect the electronics of the good speaker to the problem panel. That way you will know for sure it is the panel.

If I am correct the warranty is 5 years so you have nothing to lose.

You will just need 3 wires to make a jumper between the two speakers to extend the red, blue and black wires that are permanently attached to the panel.

I am sure someone here with more knowledge of the electronics may have some suggestions.

Good luck Mitch. Keep us updated on the issue.

I did swap panels also... sorry I didn't mention that. Same problem. ML just sent me a file on how to check if all 3 wires are still attached to the panel itself. Looks to be a very involved situation. I will take a look when I get some free time. It's hard to do by myself so I'll try and trick a good friend into helping me... :)

I really miss my "Logan" sound.

Latest posts

Back