The new guy from Toronto, CANADA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfigxxx

Reaction score
So here I sit, just approved to join this forum- I'm so excited, and already I'm told to make sure to spout off here or face elimination on the forum. I don't really mind, I'm already on my second bottle of shiraz, Patty Smith is playing on the stereo, snow is gently falling (I do live in Canada). What could be better? So now as per my instruction from the moderator who accepted my entry to this forum I must tell you a bit about myself and my system.
Having been an audiophile for about 40 years I was fortunate enough to have lived through the 'sweet spot' of 2 channel audio when the foundations of this industry were laid, never mind it being the best time in our lives for music. But I digress. On to my system...
While I have as a habit, and with an amazingly accommodating spouse been fortunate enough to have bought equipment from good to bad, cheap to expensive, my current system is as such-
Maggie 3.7's (sorry, my quest for ML Summit's was spoilt by an indifferent dealer) driven by Bryston (remember I am Canadian) 4BSST2 x 2, Mcintosh c220 preamp, Mcintosh MVP871 CD Player, Bryston BDP-1 (amazing!), Wadia 171, Oppo 83 blu-ray, and to cap it off, now added today, a Descent i, form Gary Harrington the World's Greatest Audio Dealer.
I am currently trying to blend in my new sub, and while it's only a few hours in the system I do already feel that integrating it into my system might be a bit harder than my previous sub, so anyone with some history with similar speakers, I invite your advice.

Awesome, another Toronto person.. though I'm officially in Mississauga now. Sounds like you have an awesome system.. no pun intended. Welcome aboard!
So, where is this 'World's Greatest Audio Dealer'? Alway looking for new places to check out.

I also hail from the GTA. I want to kinow the name of the store this Gary Harrington works at. The Descent is an amazing sub. I am sad that both it and the Depth have been replaced by the two-driver subs whose names I have forgotten. Enjoy your system.

Here's the link to Gary's site. i have dealt with him for about 15 years- it's where I got all my Ryston equipment as well- http://www.harringtonaudio.com/.
If the Descent i has been replaced it's news to me- I took delivery of mine 3 days ago.

Aha, the store is in Peterborough. No wonder I had not heard about it. I checked out the site. It did not provide much info other than a listing of brands. Thanks for the link though. Indeed, the replacement was first reported on this site as showcased in the last CEDIA. I may pick up a Depth I once it is declared discountinued by Martin Logan.

Back