New Member from Greece - SL3 problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailor 2004

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am an old Martin Logan fan having purchased a paid of SL3's about 10 years ago and a Cinema for my center speaker. Later on a pair of CLARITY's were added to complete my Home Theater Set Up.

I have encountered a few problems with my SL3 with slipping panels which are quite common. A few months ago I've purchased a Meridian 861v4 processor and during calibration I found out that one SL3 was playing at a much lower volume than the other.

Yesterday I've decided to search to the internet for possible problems of SL3's and I found the Martin Logan Owners forum. A lot of useful information on speaker maintenance. I didn't know that the panels can be washed!!!!! I will also check the connection of the cable to the panel and re-solder if required. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Regards from Greece
George

George, contact ML's service department. They will send you, free of charge, metal strips to install under your speakers, so that the panels do not slip. I did the installation a few days ago on my SL3s.

Bernard thanks for the advice but I have solved the slipping panels issue last year by securing the sub-woofer grill with long threaded black screws so the top panels don't slip any more.

Regards
George

Back