Gattaca (DTS) "SuperBit Collection"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Title: Gattaca (DTS) "SuperBit Collection"
Year of Release: 1997
Film Studio: Columbia Pictures / Jersey Films
Genre: Science Fiction / Thriller

Andrew Niccol made his directorial debut writing and directing this excellent futuristic thriller. "Gattaca" was filmed in Los Angeles and Northern California, the Marin County Civic Center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright was used and provided the Gattaca Corporation's central computer hall and memorial hall for the film. The story of a society which embraces genetics, is revealed in a highly controlled society of the future. As the film information states, "The world of "Gattaca" is derived from the letter symbols of the four key chemicals in DNA: Guanine, Adenine, Thymine and Cytosine." This film might be termed a social science fiction, a dream / vision of what a future society might become.

The styling of the futuristic world of Gattaca is very well done. The costume design and sets look realistic and convincing. Niccol brought together an excellent cast for this film; Ethan Hawke was outstanding as the central character of Vincent. Hawk's believable portrayal of a disenfranchised, under-classed member of the genetically engineered society is intense as well as realistic at the same time. As members of the genetically elite upper class section of this society Uma Thurman is wonderful as the beautiful investigator and colleague, which Vincent has fallen in love. The attraction is undeniable and their chemistry is evident at the film proceeds. It is easy to see why Ethan Hawk and Uma Thurman became a couple and eventually got married after making this film together. They have two children together as well, but I digress... :D

The romance is central to the story but so is the close mutually beneficial relationship between Jude Law's (genetically elite) character and Vincent. Their symbiotic relationship is fascinating. One of the most important things which makes their relationship so interesting and believable is the passionate performances of Jude Law and Ethan Hawk. There is a chemistry their too. Vincent's pursuit of traveling into space with the Gattaca Aerospace Corporation is the goal, which is also the passion of his existence and so to is Jude Law's character have a passionate pursuit of his own. You will have to see this excellent science fiction thriller to find out for yourself. Suffice it to say, this is a great science fiction film every which way you turn.

This "SuperBit Collection" DVD version of this film is fantastic for the great feature of having glorious DTS sound. Sadly, their are no other bonus features on this 'SuperBit' DVD version of this film. As you may know, by now I just love the very best sound delivery for my HT system and DTS currently meets that need. IMHO, ML speakers require the most dynamic sound available, for HT. DTS - SuperBit is a good choice for now. Gattaca is yet another film (in a long list of great films), which I would love to see offered in Blue-Ray High Definition DVD.

Gattaca is an excellent film, I highly recommend this film to everyone... :D

:D HT relaxed, comfortably in ML bliss until next time, let the movies turn you on...

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B00005R23Z.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00005R23Z.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 126

Latest posts

Back