Spires or new Ethos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which ML should I go with for the front L/R for a theater?

• New ethos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiburi

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post and I'm trying to determine if I should go with the new ethos, or a used pair of spires. I'm doing a dedicated theater room, and not sure if the spires, although they have a larger panel, are as good as the new ethos. Would be my front l/R in a 7.1 system.

Best

Eric

There was universal agreement that Spire was better than Summit despite the lower price. I would be very surprised if the Theos could compete with the Spires. But you need to find a mint pair, of cause.

Roberto: Maybe you have heard them side by in similar systems and can help here?

Hell, there's a pair of new-in-box Montis on A-gon from a seller with shedloads of perfect feedback, and for less than many used Spires. No warranty, but that's no different than for used Spires.

Very cool. Thanks all! I had ML's when I heard them coupled with a theta Casablanca many years ago, just never had a room or WAF that would allow for them for any length of time. Excited about finding some Spires - looks like there is a great pair in WA area that I may consider. Thank you everyone nice to be here!

"Chiburi" / Eric

Back