System #457 (Sl-3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svenake56

Reaction score
Name - Sven
Martin Logan Sl3
Zapsolute Mk4 Amp (Danish " Wow" amp pure class A (or AB with a switch if you prefere that) dual mono)
Emotiva XDA-1 DAC / Preamp
Thorèns TD 166 Turntable ( not in picture building new chassie at the moment)
Sony CDP XA 7 ES ( not in picture not in use for the moment probably will not be either)
Nordost Red Dawn speaker cable
Harmonic Thruth Link ( sometimes bi-wired speaker cable)
Harmonic Thruth Ling Balanced between DAC / Amp
MacBookPro Digitally to the DAC for listening to HD music.
Homebuilt rack of acrylic glass ( not finished there will be some more shelves.)

View attachment 16082View attachment 16083View attachment 16084

Attachments

• MLS3.jpg
    MLS3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 553
  • MLS3.4.jpg
    MLS3.4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 433
  • MLS3.3.jpg
    MLS3.3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Amp

Pictures of the amp Zapsolute Mk4 a Danish DIY project sold by http://www.lcaudio.dk I traded it for a Krell KST 100 ( yes i know not the best they ever made) but expensive anyway. This Danish amp pure class A or with a switch AB sounded so much better than KST 100 and cost about 1/3 of Krell. It`s not for sale anymore this i bought from them assembled it was their "demo amp" probably the last one, i think it was in the end of the 90`s. It`s still kicking and sound fantastic on my Sl3. They still sell a lot of god stuff at this site if you want to upgrade cd`players and also good digitalamplifiers (DIY) all at reasonable prices. I have made a new top cover of acrylic glass because i like to show the inside of this amp :D.

Attachments

• Zapsolute front.jpg
    Zapsolute front.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Zapsolute back.jpg
    Zapsolute back.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 449
  • Top cover 2.jpg
    Top cover 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Welcome Sven. Nice-looking system. I have SL3s as well. Really different rack; from the front it looks like everything's floating.

Is there a possibility of putting more space between the speakers and the front wall?

Thanks Bernard. When i listen to music i pull them about 1,5 meters from the wall and also move them more apart. I only have them like this because of the room, you have to pass in front of them to reach the other room so they only "rest" like this.
it was my intention to build the rack so it looks like they are floating ;) I like your system too specially the turntable i`m also a vinyl fan, i have an old Thorens TD 165 it works good but i`m building a new chassie i acrylic glass, and i will switch tonearm to a Rega 250.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back