New guy in Missouri

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monumentally

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself. I'm brand new to the world of Martin Logan speakers. I am currently finishing my home theater in my basement and was demoing some speakers at Best Buy and fell in love with the Martin Logan monitor series. Ok, well I actually feel in love with the electrostats but I couldn't afford them lol. Anyway, I picked up a set of monitor 12's for my fronts and a monitor C for my center. I am grabbing a set of the monitor fx's and a pair of the monitor 4's. My sub is a klipsch rw12-d. I am driving all these with a Pioneer sc-1222-k receiver.

I do have a couple quick questions for the experts out there.

My room isn't a dedicated home theater room but it will be closed in on 3 walls (including my screen wall) and then open on one side to my bar area. I am building an AT screen for my projector and putting the 12's and C behind it inside a false wall. Am I better off using the fx's for my rears and the 4's for my sides or the other way around?

My other question is about the receiver. Since pioneer doesn't allow you to set the individual crossovers when you run the MCACC should I go ahead and run everything to "large"? I'm pretty new to speakers so excuse my ignorance.

I'm glad I found this forum. I will have a ton of questions in the coming weeks so please stick with me.

Thanks!

Welcome Monumental, I'll let the home theatre experts answer your question (I'm a two channel guy)....:eek:

You should experiment with both options and choose the one that sounds better. As for your receiver, I would set the speakers to "small" and let the sub handle LFE duty. A receiver simply does not have the power reserves to handle the low frequencies coming out of the 5 or 7 spaeaker arrangement. Should you upgrade in the future to a dedicated power amp, by all means, you want to set your speakers to "large."

Enjoy your HT.

Latest posts

Back