Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balanced Force 210 and 212 subs!

So the new sups look awesome but is anyone disappointed with the name choice? ML always has such awesome names for their products, but these names are so bland.

Small gripe but I wish they would have come up with some awesome names.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by JordanD View Post
    So the new sups look awesome but is anyone disappointed with the name choice? ML always has such awesome names for their products, but these names are so bland.

Small gripe but I wish they would have come up with some awesome names.
    Both boring and seemingly a direct rip-off of JL's naming scheme.

Meh I am less concerned with the ripping off more then the lack of spice and whimsy to the names haha. The names Grotto, Depth, and Descent was just awesome. I was hoping for new names along a similar scheme.

I think "Balanced Force" is a cool name. Especially when watching Star Wars:-) Makes the following dialog realistic (sort of...):

- What do you use to drive your subs?
    - The Force!
    - May it be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hocky View Post
    Both boring and seemingly a direct rip-off of JL's naming scheme.
    Ridiculous! The names are perfect, and succinctly describe their design and driver sizes. Much easier to remember than Depth and Descent, which I always got confused!

I also don't see how they could be confused with JL Audio, which is a monopole sub design.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Ridiculous! The names are perfect, and succinctly describe their design and driver sizes. Much easier to remember than Depth and Descent, which I always got confused!

I also don't see how they could be confused with JL Audio, which is a monopole sub design.
    F110, F212..... no similarity there?

Will there be a Balance Force 208 or dual 8" sub available in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post
    Will there be a Balance Force 208 or dual 8" sub available in the near future?
    [toungeInCheek]
    Well, you could buy 2 Dynamo 300's, glue their two tops together, make sure they have the same polarity setting, and voila, balanced force 8" subs. a little long maybe, but same effect
    [/toungeInCheek]

Speaking of Dynamo's I just bought 4 of them at $129 from amazon for a second system. I'll be posting more about that soon ...
    Last edited by JonFo; 08-10-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Jonathan

System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

I already have the Dynamo 700w and want to upgrade. The BF being pre set via thumb drive and tuned using a mic I think would integrate into my electrostats better and give me better quality bass. It's just dual 10's are too much for my neihbors and 10,13 room. I could live with a tripple six inch actually.
    Last edited by snyderkv; 08-09-2013 at 10:56 PM.

No question that room correction in the bass frequencies will make a huge diffrence. Highly recommended.

However, many of the bass frequency problems can also be addressed by using multiple subs to more evenly distribute modes. That's what I plan to do with my 4 sub setup. It will be going into an almost cube shaped room (11x10x9) which is the absolute worst shape for a room, and no amount of EQ can fix that. So a combo of treatments plus 4 subs placed strategically around the room will combat the basic room modes, then Audyssey XT32 room correction will be applied on top of that.

So I generally recommend multiple subs (at least two) as a means to combat room modes, as that is often a more effective way to improve bass than a single "better" sub.
    Jonathan

System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
    No question that room correction in the bass frequencies will make a huge diffrence. Highly recommended.

However, many of the bass frequency problems can also be addressed by using multiple subs to more evenly distribute modes. That's what I plan to do with my 4 sub setup. It will be going into an almost cube shaped room (11x10x9) which is the absolute worst shape for a room, and no amount of EQ can fix that. So a combo of treatments plus 4 subs placed strategically around the room will combat the basic room modes, then Audyssey XT32 room correction will be applied on top of that.

So I generally recommend multiple subs (at least two) as a means to combat room modes, as that is often a more effective way to improve bass than a single "better" sub.
    I totally agree with the multiple sub concept. I have four subs (2 Descent-is, 2 Descents) distributed around my listening room and I also have 2 bass traps in the front corners. While no bass can be perfect, major bass nodes have been pretty much eliminated. Am considering Balanced Force 212 or 210s but will sit on the sidelines until there is some listener experience with these speakers.

Jejejeje, you are right!! Ml designers needs to be fans of star wars saga

The ML website now has full specs, dimensions, and details for the new BalancedForce 210 and 212 subs. Retail is $2,995 and $3,995 respectively (additional for custom wood tops, and Perfect Bass Kit). I'll be comparing them to the new JL Audio E-subs.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    The ML website now has full specs, dimensions, and details for the new BalancedForce 210 and 212 subs. Retail is $2,995 and $3,995 respectively (additional for custom wood tops, and Perfect Bass Kit). I'll be comparing them to the new JL Audio E-subs.
    Alan, you'd best compare them to 2 each of the JL's. This would make both the list prices (JL's are ~ half the price) and output - 2x10" drivers, 2x12" drivers - comparable.

High quality product from ID companies have made subwoofers a tough, tough market.

JL's at half price?! Is the E-series made overseas?

At least I got confirmation from ML that their new subs are made in North America (Canada) which I assume would be the excellent Paradigm factory.