New old Aerius owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardo Villanueva

Reaction score
Hello friends, I'm Ricardo from Mexico City.

My brother died last June and his widow gave to me almost all of his hifi system: A Nuforce Icon Ido DAC, a Linn Wakonda preamp, a K&B ST3030 power amp, and a pair of ML Aerius speakers made, according to the database, in 1992. She just kept an old Nakamichi tape deck.
I already have my own hifi system: A Michell GyroDec turntable, an EAR 834P phono stage, a Mac mini and HRT music streamer II+, a Macintosh C-22 clone preamp and a pair of Quicksilver KT88 monoblocks which I already sold last december to buy something with KT120 tubes. My loudspeakers are a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SE and a Yamaha servoactive subwoofer.
Well, it was last sunday when I decided to give the Aerius a chance as the K&B amp as I don`t have a tube amp for now, so I conected it to my C-22 clone with excellent results.
I can´t say which pair of speakers a like most, as they are different, but I was impressed in the Aerius sound. I don´t like to make mods in any equipment as I know there is many work involved in each component, so I don't like to mess around, but my Logans are 20 years now and I would like to at least, renew the xovers parts.

Have my best regards.

Ricardo

Hi there ricardo and welcome to the club

I dont know if its worth the money but new panels may be in order before the anything else. Lots of other new, better and more exciting products out there on the market today like the electromotion

Hello and thanks for your reply projectormovielover, my Aerius sounds fine, and I will consider the new panels.
My brother used very little his speakers as he travelled a lot and was a very hard worker (used to be a "home stranger"). He bought these loudspeakers from a friend of him back in 1995 and he paid little money for these as one of them, had a bullet impact in the bass cabinet which fortunatly didn't damaged anything but the cabinet only and was repaired.
I will write to custumer service to quote a pair of new panels.
Best regards.

Back