Aeon vs Aeon i vs elektromotion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobits

Reaction score
Need help..

1. Difference between Aeon and Aeon i

2. What should i concider buying a pair of Aeon with cinema center. script surounds and debth sub.

best regards
energy c500

Hola and welcome. Well, I will choose the Electromotions. Fisrt of all, have the new design of the electrostatic panel. Also, they are easy to drive. My ears say, more dynamic sound, and a better sound stage. The Aeon i and Aeon are the last model of the old technology of the panel. The Aeon i comes wth a back tweeter for ambience sound. You can desable it if you want too. The Aeons are bigger in size, but the new panel has more contact with the air, about 40% more, so to me, the Electromotions are better speakers. The look of the Aeon i is nicer. The Electromotions won the nomination of product of the year from several magazines. You can read more at www.martinlogan.com

There is nothing wrong with the Aeon, Cinema, Scrip and Depth, only that they are old models and there had been some modifications from the factory, providing better specs and sound. You must listen first, because the speaker model have over 12 years by now. You must judge the sound, listening to them, first. Happy listening!

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the fast response.

Reading the specs on ML. website it looks like aeon i have cls 2'nd gen and Aeon have only cls?
I cant see what the big difference is between them.

I'm also considoring a pair of ML vista. I've heard they have the new panel.

best regards
Energy c500

The Vistas are a great buy. They sound nearly as good as the Theos - and you can only tell that by listening side by side.

Back