A Thank You..and more noob ?s...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Diddy

Reaction score
First, I want to thank everyone for being cool. Second, I am sending some pics...please be understanding. This is far from my final destination. But you will see my fireplace concerns as well as other set backs. I have checked out just about everyone's set-up and I am impressed and not only gives me ideas but also shows how seriously you take sound...So...THANK YOU!

I have a Motif center on it's way. Once the Holidays are over the left Vista goes to the left side of the fireplace, the TV moves over as well as the sub and other Vista...a little more room. And that is my first question...I will make it my only question...I have read as much as I can..much of this goes over my head, but I read and learn as best I can...With the Motif I need a separate amp...As best I can tell The Anthem MCA30 is what I need. I can't afford what I really want. But I want something to push the Vistas and the Motif...I would love opinions...I have read about many amps...the Emotivas and similar...but any hands on would be great. Also any set up tips...second question! :)
Thanks,
T.

Attachments

• JA1A3014.jpg
    JA1A3014.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 299
  • JA1A3001.jpg
    JA1A3001.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 302
  • JA1A3009.jpg
    JA1A3009.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 313
Looks like a nice setup!

A few comments: Have you considered pointing the speakers more directly at your listening position, i.e. less toe-in?
With a setup like your, where the speakers are on cornering walls, you could have the backwave quite effectively deflected from the listening position in that way. If you find that you loose center-fill by doing so, try moving the right speaker a bit closer to the TV. You should also consider experimenting with the left speaker position. Try moving it a bit forward so that it is placed next to the fireplace corner and not behind it...

Hi all,
I've had some time off so I have been experimenting...like crazy...like my wife thinks I am crazy...Thank God she loves music! I think this may be where it will reside until we get a larger home. Still going to get a different TV stand...I might build something myself, as far as the cabinets...but I pulled it all out and even...and it works. I just, scratch that, my wife just had to give up a few square feet of space. It sounds good and will look as good as possible given our small space. So I think it is, get a proper TV stand and some cabinets, get an amp, and trim some cable and make it nice and pretty. :) Oh yeah, I have to have a place for my turntable...an old NAD, but I have a large vinyl collection...it is far past time they were spun...

Attachments

• JA1A4855.jpg
    JA1A4855.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 207
  • JA1A4852.jpg
    JA1A4852.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 210
Happy to hear that you made it work! It cetainly looks a lot better - cleaner somehow - than your first picture.

Latest posts

Back