Thread: New Theos Review

Super User

Default New Theos Review

Most of you would have seen this, but for those that haven't...

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...tinlogan-theos

This review, and others I have read, have all been highly favorable. Many of the virtues dscussed in this review are evident in my listening at home.
    Last edited by edwinr; 12-15-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Ahh...so these speakers are a little closer to my price range as far as an upgrade path from my Motion 40s. However, what irks me is they use extremely high power very expensive amplification for the reviews. Nobody that buys a $5,000 speaker pair is going to spend more on their amps.

Would have liked to have seen the review with something like a Parasound A21.

Super User

A mid level Denon (AVR-X4000 and 4520) or Marantz (6008 and 7008) receiver will drive the Theos to reasonable levels and make some nice noises. I've tried a Byston B60R and this amp is a good match. Don't bother with the NAD receivers - they shut down.

I am bi-amping these babies and they sing like a canary. If you are buying a set of $5K speakers, you should invest in an amp around $2K and speaker cable close to $500. I think these estimates will ensure you will squeeze out most of their capabilities.