Martin Logan sloppiness on my Stage panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBT

Reaction score
Here it is:
That's how it looks like after hours frustrations and troubleshooting. Finally after two PSU boards swap and dismantling it almost completely found the problem: Cold Solder Joint on the panel black wire. Well... it looks like it was actually solder through orange foil. Bought it new/used (preowned) without sings of usage, so it means without warranty. Calling ML service dept resulted in two PSU boards sent within a month apart. After installing fresh PSU board I realised that problem was somewhere else.

I remember a post about soldering wires to the panel. If I remember correctly it has to be pretty strong soldering gun to do the repair without heating too much panel to cause film wraped, wrinkled etc.

What do you guys think? Any comments that could help?

Thanks
Bart
2.jpg1.jpg

Hola. Yes, you need a good soldering iron. 40 watts to 100 watts will do. You need to have before, good soldering skills. What I usually do, is pre-heat the soldering gun for about 3 minutes. I put some solder metal cleaner (flux) to the stat panel where I am going to do the joint. With the tip of the soldering gun at the panel, I apply some new solder. Then, the cable to be joint. You have to do this fast. Also you must know that the solder did melt right, Wait about one minute, and try the new solder joint, pulling the cable. I hope that you can understand it. Happy listening!

Good to know...enjoy again your Stage. One of the best center channels in the market place today. Happy listening!

Back