Mandatory Watching - New Ethan Winer Traps Video With Full Frontal Nudity!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! You're right, Justin. She did a great job! Kudos to Ethan for trying something outside the box and doing such a fabulous job. It is a fairly long video, but I think most guys are guaranteed to watch it to the end. She has a way of capturing your attention.

Too funny.

As some of you may know, I'm not an EW fan. Way too egotistical and self serving for my tastes. But this video, well done.

Thanks for sharing Justin.

GG

I keep telling everyone room acoustics is important, and if this video does not keep your attention on this important topic, nothing will ;)

My review: "This video had me adsorbed for every minute; as I reflect on the peaks and valleys of my response I can see that I need to penetrate this important topic with real trapping of room resonances and reflections. The presenters 'bouncy' nature was a refreshing change from the monotone drones of other geeks. Recommended".

Last edited:
Well, I guess you could accuse Ethan of resorting to tacky marketing techniques...

But hold on... the script is brilliant, the innuendos fantastic (well touched on by JonFo above:)) and the professionalism of the model captivating.

Pst... in case you didn't know, I actually have some corner traps behind the Apogees these days. They seem to be staying there.

And after the dots thread, Gordon, well done for having the grace to appreciate Ethan's efforts!:)

I will agree it is certainly marketing that will have you thinking about his product though I would guess sales must be in the crapper to connect your company image to a stripper. I hope thing are good for him but it is a bit odd.

I will agree it is certainly marketing that will have you thinking about his product though I would guess sales must be in the crapper to connect your company image to a stripper. I hope thing are good for him but it is a bit odd.

I think it is just a pithy, kind of tongue-in-cheek way of presenting the information. Let's face it: 99% of his customers are probably guys who will find this video interesting, funny, and entertaining. I seriously doubt sales are in the crapper, but they may not be as good as they once were, with the economy suffering and with so much competition in this space. Ethan has always been a little quirky, but he has also always shared a lot of information that helps people make good decisions when treating their rooms. Made a believer out of me, since my room is fully treated with RealTraps treatments. I give two thumbs up, both to the video, and to Ethan for having the balls to make it!

I am absolutely shocked by this video but not in the prurient sense. I am shocked that Ethan was so enterprising. What a great way to make your 90% male customer base hear your full 13 minutes of product pitch.

It also appears to be unoffensive to women. I showed it to my wife last night and she thought it very amusing indeed:)

I agree with Brad. Cheap, unnecesary and a bit perplexing.

I admit though - I was transfixed for the duration like the rest of you.

I agree with Brad. Cheap, unnecesary and a bit perplexing.

I admit though - I was transfixed for the duration like the rest of you.

So you think it was cheap, unnecessary, and a bit perplexing, yet you readily admit that it was highly effective in achieving its intended purpose.

So you think it was cheap, unnecessary, and a bit perplexing, yet you readily admit that it was highly effective in achieving its intended purpose.

Yes, correct. A purpose can be achieved in a cheap and unnecessary way, of course. That is, if the "purpose" to which you are referring was just to sit through the video and stare at big jugs.

But I put this to you - did it really achieve its purpose? Were you watching the lady, or were you learning about Ethan's products, taking in the education from a credible and knowledgeable authority on room treatment?

Last edited:
But I put this to you - did it really achieve its purpose? Were you watching the lady, or were you learning about Ethan's products, taking in the education from a credible and knowledgeable authority on room treatment?

Both, actually. Not too hard to listen and watch at the same time. Although most of the information in the video is pretty rudimentary stuff if you are into acoustics. I can't say I learned anything I didn't already know. As for credibility, I know Ethan's knowledge and credibility from way back. He has been a leader in the industry for a long time, posts lots of useful information for free on his website, and frequents several forums where he is happy to discuss acoustics issues. Lots of people in the industry know Ethan's credibility too. I have a friend that runs a recording studio in Muscle Shoals. He is a big fan of Ethan and his products. His credibility has long since been established, and this video does nothing to weaken it. This is just another way to get some basic information out there to guys that may not have much of an interest in watching a boring video on acoustics. Well done, I say.

Rich, I don't think anyone here is questioning Ethan's credibility in his industry.
We may not agree with everything he believes but he is a wealth of knowledge for many of us looking to improve our system.

Off course it blinking was. That's the whole point. That is why it is funny. Even Ethan sits there and says it is gratuitous.

Lighten up Adam!
I just considered it (enjoyable) entertainment rather than educational.

Back