Montis in Norway

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treble Clef, I am thiking of getting the Pass Lab X150.5 which will mate with a pair of Theos. I also have read interesting online discussions about the synergy of these two brands. So I hope when you have them set up, you will share your impressions with us.

I had a buddy back in university from northern Norway and I saw some breathtaking photos from his town. You live in a beautiful country.

Hi Northy!

Yes, I will share my sound impressions with you on this forum. I hope my equipment show up in two or three weeks.

And about nothern Norway... The whole of my country is really "nothern". I live in the southern part of it. Close to Oslo where I have my work. The nothern part of Norway is far away. A trip to Rome has a similar distance. I have never been in that part of Norway. And when I travel, I usually end up in southern Europe...

Gunnar

My sound today...

I had to replace my DEQX HPD-4. It sounded thin, edgy, cold and unmusical. My main electronics brand thru more than 10 years - German Burmester was tested. I bought a model 099 - DAC preamp.

Now I am very satisfied with the sound. The subs are incredible. My sofa is shaking like never before when I play certain tracks. And the bass sound is rich, powerful and correct in volume.

The Montis are giving me an incredible soundstage. The vocalists are sounding like they are in my room.

Compared to my KEF Blade (which I replaced), my current speaker combo sounds like costing 20 times more.

Thank you Martin Logan and Paradigm - for making products the way you do!

Treble Clef
Oslo, Norway

Hi there!

Close to one year after my previous post in this forum - I will update my status. And I will tell you about my testing of two other speakers.

My current setup:
BURMESTER 113 dac - 808 MK5 pre - 956 MK2 amp
MARTIN LOGAN MONTIS speakers - PARADIGM SIGNATURE SUB 1 subwoofers
QNAP TS-209 - MAC MINI - JRIVER MEDIA CENTER
GIGAWATT PC-4 EVO power conditioner

A pair of Burmester B80 entered my house. And some days after a pair of TAD Evolution One.

After testing them my love for Montis went all-time-high.

Gunnar

Back