Paul Ryan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JM,

One can only hope that the American electorate is smart enough to see through the BS.

Having said that, I don't have alot of hope. I hope I'm wrong.

GG

Romney's latest response to the lack of specificity regarding his economic plan to lower taxes, reduce the deficit, and create jobs.

TRUST MY PRINCIPLES.

Sure.

GG

PS: And he recently stated that he would create 12,000,000 jobs in his first term (250,000 per month) and eliminate the deficit by the end of his SECOND term. Sure. But I still believe in the tooth fairy.

Last edited:
Romney's campaign slogan should be: Trust Me! Because he refuses to get into specifics on any issue, won't announce a plan to fix the economy, won't release his own tax returns, and has flip-flopped on just about every single issue. I'm surprised he even announced a running mate.

Romney just gave a campaign speech re: 9/11 and I can't believe what came out of his lips: "This must be an American century. America must lead the free world, and the free world must lead the entire world." What? How conceited is that? Who made us the King of the world? It is exactly this type of self-centered and conceited attitude toward the rest of the world that fosters the hate so many other peoples and nations feel for us. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, nothing that comes out of the R's mouths surprises me anymore.

My sense is that he and Paul are getting frustrated and somewhat desperate.

Hence, speaking in broad terms and reinforcing his apparent belief that we need to go backwards in time (trickle down, cold war / Russia is our greatest current threat, woman's rights, America's current attitude regarding global conflict, global warming, fossil fuels, etc.) versus recognizing that the world has changed and the requisite need to move forward.

GG

Last edited:
He has probably noticed that the right wing propaganda machine has been working. The lies coming from the radical right via Fox News, emails, the internet and everywhere else has been effective in allowing the extremists to wag the middle line conservatives to their will. After all, even today there are people who believe the lies that Obama is Muslim and not American.

There used to be a time when there were differences between the republicans and the democrats, but they met and compromised and got things accomplished. The mainstream in both parties were along the middle, not the extremes. When either side lied, or stretched the truth, it was called out. Today, with all the lies that have been perpetrated by Fox "News", all those insipid radical right wing talk show "hosts" and the constant barrage of false emails sent out, is it any wonder that so many are having difficulty separating the truth from reality. Sadly, it is too obvious that the republican party has been hoodwinked by the huge propaganda machine that is the Koch brothers and now the common sense republicans are caught with no place to go. The typical response from the now disillusioned republican mainstream is that both parties are corrupt, when it is obvious that the republican party is the one that has gone off the deep end. This response is normal, I think, for someone who has suddenly found himself/herself in a party that no longer corresponds to their core political beliefs and the other party never did, either.

I think the Koch brothers and the lying right wing extremists talk show "hosts" propaganda machines have been hiding under the first amendment long enough. It has been said that America will fall from within. These guys are the problem and as far as I am concerned extremely anti-American.

Well said.

Not to mention his recent, ill conceived / anti Obama babbling, chest pounding regarding the current embassy security crisis. Arrogance and ignorance is a very dangerous combination.

GG

Not to mention his recent, ill conceived / anti Obama babbling, chest pounding regarding the current embassy security crisis. Arrogance and ignorance is a very dangerous combination.

GG

Or as Tom Hanks' character in the Green Mile said about the antagonist in the movie, "He is mean, careless, and stupid, and that's a dangerous combination."

He actually thinks "middle income" is those earning $250,000 or less, when the average salary in this country is about $40,000 per year!

Hey Rich, I think the last time I looked 40k is less than 250k !

Regardless, it sounds as if you guys have Obama inducted into sainthood, hopefully he proves himself in the second term.

regards,

'Elmer'

Far from it Dave.

However, is it reasonable to expect some level of maturity (grasp of basic facts, etc.) and accountability from both candidates?

I hope so. I don't think that is asking too much.

Regarding his effectiveness in his second term if elected, pretty low if the current environment continues.

Hey Rich, I think the last time I looked 40k is less than 250k !

Regardless, it sounds as if you guys have Obama inducted into sainthood, hopefully he proves himself in the second term.

regards,

'Elmer'

Dave, $11,000 per year is also less than $250,000. But wait, that's considered poverty level, not middle income. Check out this graph! Families earning over $200,000 a year are in the top 4% of wage earners in this country. Please tell me how anyone with a straight face could try to say that $250,000 a year is middle income! Facts matter, Dave. And if Romney/Ryan feel they have to constantly lie to get into office, they don't deserve to be there. Simple as that.

As for Obama, he has proved himself in his first term by taking a very difficult situation and making the best of it. We are slowly recovering from the economic crash, we now have a health plan for the poorest among us (something both democratic and republican presidents have tried to pass and failed), and he has been strong on foreign policy (remember Osama bin Laden?). So while I won't call him a saint, and while I disagree with some of his decisions (I think he has been too soft with the republicans and has tried too hard to compromise) I do think that he has proven himself capable of the job. If they want to unseat him, Romney and Ryan are going to have to prove that they are more than pretty faces with a lot of money, no plan, and a loose grasp of reality. So far, they haven't done so.

Another article in the news today about Romney hitting the "reset" button on his campaign. Seems like every other week he is hitting the reset button. His campaign needs rebooting more often than my old Windows XP computer.

Back