Paul Ryan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact-checkers are having a field day with about 99% of Ryan's claims! And since he voted for most of the programs he's now denigrating, can we all say HYPOCRITE?!

why should he be any different than any other politician........regardless of what side of the aisle they sit !

Good Lord I'm not looking forward to the next two months.......

why should he be any different than any other politician........regardless of what side of the aisle they sit !

Good Lord I'm not looking forward to the next two months.......

As usual, you make a good point. However, it is also fair to say that some are FAR WORSE than others. Just look at all these outright LIES that are being propagated by nameless, unaccountable (or, in the case of Karl Rove, no-account), mega$$$$$$$$ entities. And then there is Ryan, an apparently very confused young man (an that is as polite as I am willing to get, regarding this topic).

Dave,

Point well taken. However, there are lies and then there are ridiculous distortions of the truth.

The one I'm currently curious about.

His "apparent" claim that the Janesville, WI GM plant (Ryan's home town) was closed when Obama was president.

From what I've read, it actually occurred in June or July, 2008 during the Bush presidency.

Am I missing something?

And yes, he's blaming Obama for the tragedy.

GG

Straight from Factcheck.

So it was open into 2009....................... question is what does that mean?

About 100 workers were kept on in 2009 to finish a truck order and help shut down the plant, according to the Associated Press.

Doug - out

It seems that Ryan is not up o the moment. Post selection he has not responded well. His acceptance speech while a prime example of a tendency to over reach ,is not the only one.

Previous backers are now very worried.

J

Dave,

Point well taken. However, there are lies and then there are ridiculous distortions of the truth.

Agreed, afterall they are politicians many of which were trained as lawyers.........nuf said !!

And yes, he's blaming Obama for the tragedy.

GG

yeah that one is pure stupidity, for those of us that knew the Janesville assembly plant (friend of mine worked there as a QC tech) the plant was antiquated and had seen it's days of efficiency fade behind it. For the record GM's Surburbans were exclusively made there untill the conversion of the Ft Worth plant after it shut down production of the rear wheel drive Impala / Caprice....over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Another article that spells it out: Paul Ryan fails -- the truth

Yes, all politicians shade the truth at one point or another. But Ryan has taken it to a whole new level with so many baldface lies and misleading answers that he is redefining the mold.

Let's compare Obama and Romney in this regard. When he was campaigning in 2008, Obama stated that he would be willing to invade Pakistan to get Bin Laden if that became necessary. Romney, also campaigning at the time, protested this statement, saying: "I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours... I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort..." He also stated that: bin Laden was "not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch." Yet, after President Obama followed his words with ACTION, Romney flip-flopped and stated that of course he would have given the same order. Kind of like when Romney opposed the auto industry bailout, but then after it proved successful, he actually TOOK CREDIT FOR IT!!!

Romney and Ryan are kings of spin, lies and deception. Compared to them, Obama and Biden are lightweights in this regard.

He has probably noticed that the right wing propaganda machine has been working. The lies coming from the radical right via Fox News, emails, the internet and everywhere else has been effective in allowing the extremists to wag the middle line conservatives to their will. After all, even today there are people who believe the lies that Obama is Muslim and not American.

There used to be a time when there were differences between the republicans and the democrats, but they met and compromised and got things accomplished. The mainstream in both parties were along the middle, not the extremes. When either side lied, or stretched the truth, it was called out. Today, with all the lies that have been perpetrated by Fox "News", all those insipid radical right wing talk show "hosts" and the constant barrage of false emails sent out, is it any wonder that so many are having difficulty separating the truth from reality. Sadly, it is too obvious that the republican party has been hoodwinked by the huge propaganda machine that is the Koch brothers and now the common sense republicans are caught with no place to go. The typical response from the now disillusioned republican mainstream is that both parties are corrupt, when it is obvious that the republican party is the one that has gone off the deep end. This response is normal, I think, for someone who has suddenly found himself/herself in a party that no longer corresponds to their core political beliefs and the other party never did, either.

I think the Koch brothers and the lying right wing extremists talk show "hosts" propaganda machines have been hiding under the first amendment long enough. It has been said that America will fall from within. These guys are the problem and as far as I am concerned extremely anti-American.

Rich,

I checked out some of the articles you provided as links and found this statement.

Yesterday, at an ABC News panel, Mitt Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers".

GG

Rich,

I checked out some of the articles you provided as links and found this statement.

Yesterday, at an ABC News panel, Mitt Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers".

GG

In other words, we are going to say whatever the Hell we please, regardless of factual honesty, as long as our polls say people are buying our bullshit. And you add on top of that Mitt's primary convention theme: "Trust me." Our country is in for serious downfall if these jerks actually pull this off. They may make Bush 2 look like a lightweight and completely destroy what is left of the middle class.

JM,

I thought is was, to five decimal places, 3.14159.

I guess I have to recheck my facts.

Aw, what the hell, 3.0000 is close enough.

GG

Last edited:
JM,

I thought is was, to five decimal places, 3.14159.

I guess I have to recheck my facts.

Aw, what the hell, 3.0000 is close enough.

GG

Yes. Republicans have consistently skimped with the facts and numbers . Unfortunately as all architects know 3.00 leads to disaster. Unfortunately the Indiana house did not know that a few years ago. Now the NC coast is deemed to have boundaries based on 5 year old data rather than the reality of satellite surveys reported by the NGS. And it goes on from evolution to climate change to false economics .

Not saying that democrats are always right, but most of them seem to pay attention to reality in terms of planning.

The republicans do not want fact checkers because ??

J

Because they don't want to know the "true" area of a circle or other mathematical calculations that utilize "pie" as part of the equation.

In all seriousness, who knows but one can certainly speculate.

GG

Oh, they don't mind fact checkers. They are employing plenty of them to rip apart anything the dems say at the dem convention. They just don't intend to have THEIR campaign message sidetracked by worrying about pesky old facts.

Late breaking news.

Earlier today, Mr. Romney told Mr. Obama what he should say for his acceptance speech tonight.

Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG

PS Didn't know Mitt was / is King Romney. Free speech anyone? First Amendment anyone?

Last edited:
He also failed to give any reasonable explanation for why he was the first republican president since the fifties not to mention war in his acceptance speech, totally ignoring the fact that we are currently engaged in a war in Afghanistan. Given his complete failure to be forthright and honest with the American people about something as basic as his own finances, I hardly think he is in a position to be giving Obama any advice on what to say.

Regarding convention speeches (and speakers), if you haven't watched it yet, this is MUST SEE TV: Bill Maher's New Rule for GOP: Recall Me, Maybe

Back