Final words Montis review Stereophile

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Final Words

If ever there was a model to break down the negative stereotypes of electrostatic loudspeakers, it must be the MartinLogan Montis. With a small footprint and taking up only a modest amount of visual space in the room, the Montis can be driven effectively by solid-state or tubed amplifier, has very good bass extension (courtesy its hybrid design), can be played quite loudly, and doesn’t require you to listen with your head locked in a virtual vise. In the right system and with the right recordings, a pair of Montises can aurally transport you to the concert hall, or the musicians to your room. The MartinLogan Montis really is a lovely loudspeaker; all the technology and precision that have gone into its manufacture work in service of music. I will be sorry to have to say goodbye to these review samples.

Last edited:
Roberto, I look forward to reading the full review.

Roberto,

I don't disagree regarding the strengths / abilities of this speaker.

Have you seen my thread on the magazine's review?

Respectfully,

Gordon

Hola Gordon, yes I had. I liked very much the comments about the bass response and how easy was the set up. And with just a little tweaks here and there, voila! Great sound came through them. He also liked how loud these babies can play and the precision of the sound he got is his room, over all. Also liked the type of music and how he did proceed with the review. We all here, are almost in the same transatlantic ship, but in different storeys or decks? With all respect too, warmest regards my friend from Costa Rica, and I wish you a very happy listening!

Back