Marantz or Onkyo for Aerius- And bi-amping questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfp

Reaction score
I have just bought a pair of Martin Logan Aerius and I am looking to buy either a Marantz sr 6003 receiver, 8 ohms, 7x100 watt per channel or a Onkyo tx sr 876, 4-8 ohms, 7x140 watt per channel, to drive them.
Both of the receivers are use but in very good shape.
I know a receiver is not the best option to drive ML but that Is all I can afford for the moment.
I have 2 questions:
1- wich receiver can provide the best sound and best video Switching?
2- both receivers provide bi amping capacity, would it be too much power to bi amp the 4 ohms Aerius
The Onkyo owner's guide pretends that it can drive 4ohms, as the Marantz dos not mention anything about his.
Tanks

No such thing as "too much power" ;)

Seriously, as long as they can be configured to bi-amp (that is for L/R, a total of 4 channels are used), then you should be fine. then on down the road, you can add external amps for the panels.

By bi-amping you split the load, especially the demanding ESL onto more channels. They are all pulling from one shared power supply, which in receivers is never anything that delivers enough current, but it should be a decent place to start.

Alert: if you bi-amp member to REMOVE the jumper straps at the speaker!!!

Tanks a lot John.
Do you think bi amping will make the sound much better?
Also, I will use a velodyne powered 12 inch sub.

Latest posts

Back