How much difference between Vantage and ElectroMotion?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikroski

Reaction score
I once had Vantage for almost two years, then I feel that the sound is quite big for my room (9' x 12'). So I sold it and buy another speakers.

Then I feeled that it cannot compare to Vantage at all.

Now I consider ElectroMotion ESL, which is small and may suit to my room.

Question is, in term of sound quality, how far behind of ElectroMotion ESL compare to Vantage?

I don't mind about low frequency because I will buy either Grotto i or Depth i to do the job.

Thank you for any input

HI Mik,

Never heard anyone say the sound was "quite big" and infer that it was a problem.

What exactly do you mean?

Practically speaking, no one can answer your "sound quality" question because your room, equipment, personal biases,etc. are entirely unique, just like all other folks and their individual systems.

Good luck.

GG

Last edited:
I've not heard the EM ESL yet so can't really comment, however whenever I have heard higher end and lower end MLs, the higher end ones are always far superior. So while the EM is likely very good value and a marvel of technology at its price point, I'd confidently say the Vantage will easily out perform it.

Milkroski-
I own the Vantages and have heard the EM ESL demo'd (but only for a few minutes). As GG said, it's hard to compare as room acoustics, equipment, and other variables make it hard to compare. I find it hard to believe that the EM ESL would outperform the Vantages in any sized room. I would stick with the Vantages if I had an option. Perhaps you would need to adjust positioning or add some sound treatments to the room. What kind of amplifier were you using? Martin Logan's can be hard to drive and often people are simply not using a good enough amp and it cripples the sound. You can't just use a mid-fi receiver and expect them to shine.

Thank you for every comment

First pic is my system since 2009. Vantage, pre/power Krell, all cable from MIT
IMG_6589.jpg

I changed my system last week. Vantage -> Vista + Grotto i. Krell amp -> Harman Kardon HK 990. All MIT cables -> Transparent cables
Sound is better (in my small room). No problem of mid bass boomy, more relax sound (I think it is because of HK 990). Very happy now.
0042.jpg

Back