Martin logan NOOB from Madison, wi. Anyone got Vistas up here?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

240sxguy

Reaction score
I haven't ever owned martin logans but am very tempted by the chance to buy new vistas for 2k. I tried the local logan dealer but they don't have anything on display.

Thanks for letting me poke around guys, I learned a lot in a short time about these speakers!!

Evan

As a Vista owner myself I have to say that the Vista are a no brainer for the price you pay. Just think when ML Source hit the market they retailed for the same price and were considered to be the best bargain for a taste of the high end. I love my source se's but after hearing the Vista its hard to imagine having them as mains anymore. Demo any sub $2000 logans you can and then you can get an idea of how great the Vista's will be. They are the best bargain for new speakers on the market. You get a really nice soundstage and you can sit down and stand up without it collapsing. I use a cheap tube integrated and the bass just pumps out of that 8 inch aluminum woofer with only 56 watts. You can drive these with anything and they sound fantastic.

Go get them now before they are all gone

As a Vista owner myself I have to say that the Vista are a no brainer for the price you pay. Just think when ML Source hit the market they retailed for the same price and were considered to be the best bargain for a taste of the high end. I love my source se's but after hearing the Vista its hard to imagine having them as mains anymore. Demo any sub $2000 logans you can and then you can get an idea of how great the Vista's will be. They are the best bargain for new speakers on the market. You get a really nice soundstage and you can sit down and stand up without it collapsing. I use a cheap tube integrated and the bass just pumps out of that 8 inch aluminum woofer with only 56 watts. You can drive these with anything and they sound fantastic.

Go get them now before they are all gone

I second PML. Get them while they're still available. The vista is replaced by the theos and look how much the theos is, $4995/pair. I actually prefer the construction quality of the Vista/Vantage than the new Theos/Ethos. Heavier, sturdier and more stable standing on the floor. The newer ones are taller, hence have larger radiating area and lower crossover, but they look too tall and skinny and unstable.

Last edited:
Interesting about the newer ones being taller, that's not something I want and my wife is pretty picky ever since I plopped a pair of carver amazings in my livingroom when she wasn't home! haha

Interesting about the newer ones being taller, that's not something I want and my wife is pretty picky ever since I plopped a pair of carver amazings in my livingroom when she wasn't home! haha
Yeah, taller is not always better for speakers when it comes to the WAF. Dont let this opportunity pass by and later beat yourself up for not taking it :)

Wow, and you had a pair of Carver Amazing? What happened to them? How did they sound? What makes you move to a pair of Vistas?

Last edited:
I have had many sets of speakers actually. I currently have Thiel CS3.6's which are great speakers, but after rearranging my living room to keep my toddler safe they just don't sound as good as they did disappointingly. My wife also wants something more attractive and for whatever reason likes the logans LOL.

Carvers were sold to an enthusiast in Green Bay. They were WAY too large for my living room. Ridiculous looking honestly, but don't let my wife hear me say that. There was a bit of a feud over them and I could have kept them in a different room, but knew they wouldn't get used much at all. I also know there is a slim to none chance that I will keep them long term because that seems to be the nature of the hobby.

My room was too small as I said, so everything was very exaggerated. They were really enjoyable though and in the right room.. I can only imagine what they were capable of. Open baffle bass was really good sounding, but my Thiels are incredible bass-wise.

Also, the amazings were 3" taller than my wife, which didn't help.

Evan

Congrats! Let us know how they sound with your components in your room once you get them. :)

Welcome to Martin Logan Owners.

Hope you have a great time listening to your Martin Logan Vista's.

Subjectively speaking, the Vistas for $2000 is a great bargain.

Some years ago when my Sony separates were beyond their prime and

the sound of my system was some times good and some times not so

good i had considered opting for the Vista's. This was to be a first step towards

eventual loudspeaker, amplifier, source and cable replacement.

However I did not replace the CLS but upgraded the rest of the audio equipment.

Last edited:
I 'Third' PML and Danvu. I just received mine last Friday, and even without breaking them in, I notice a nicer wider sweetspot, open soundstage and goosebumps galore. I had the Source SE and he Vistas are a much better speaker.
Like Nike says..."just do it"!
Oh I see you just did...:)

Last edited:
Congrats on the Vista purchase. I got the same deal two months ago and have been happy ever since. On a side note I was at the truth in sound demo here in Charlotte where Dennis Chern from Martin Logan was showing off the new Clx's. I told him about my Vistas and he leaned over and whispered that "you frickin stole those things!". Not a bad comment on the current deal. Happy listening!

Back