Pink floyd - the wall (180g 2lp)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invenio

Reaction score
Artist: Pink Floyd
Title: The Wall
Vinyl (February 28, 2012)
Number of Discs: 2 (180 gm LP)
Label: Capitol
ASIN: B00536OCYG

Features:
• 180 Gram Heavyweight Double Vinyl
• 2011"Why Pink Floyd?" Collector's Edition Double LP
• Cut by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab
• Remastered by James Guthrie
• Artwork by Storm Thorgerson

Tracks:
LP 1
1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall Part 1
4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now
12. Another Brick In The Wall Part 3
13. Goodbye Cruel World
LP 2
1. Hey You
2. Is There Anybody Out There
3. Nobody Home
4. Vera
5. Bring The Boys Back Home
6. Comfortable Numb
7. The Show Must Go On
8. In The Flesh
9. Run Like Hell
10. Waiting For The Worms
11. Stop
12. The Trial
13. Outside The Wall
-------------------------------------
Review:

I received this is a birthday present from my brother and got the opportunity to finally spin this on the turntable. I've been saving it for awhile as I am a big Pink Floyd fan and what can I say, I was not disappointed. This is probably the best I've heard Pink Floyd sound on vinyl. Great clarity, soundstage, and dynamics. Roger Water's voice rings beautifully.

In addition to the great sound, the packaging is nothing short of A+. It's a nice gatefold with the "wall" artwork on inside and out. It also comes with a poster, insert, and optional vinyl or paper LP holder (it's nice to be able to choose your preference for holding those precious disks).

If you are a Pink Floyd fan this is a "must own". If not, I still recommend the purchase although the price can be somewhat high. Overall, this is a top recommendation.
ngjXX.jpg

fi1QKl.jpg

Hello invenio!

I have listened to the "Pink Floyds - The Wall" on double audio CD ( not the re-mastered re-issue) .

Have not heard the record version. The CD recording is good. I enjoy listening to Vol. 1 more

than Vol. 2. I am a subscriber to Stereophile magazine. Some volumes ago there

was mention in this magazine that a few of Pink Floyd's previous album were being

re-released with superb digitally remastered sound. I am definite that your LP though

analogue is part of this great re-issue of timeless Pink Floyd albums. I own and some

times listen to "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "The Division Bell" performed by Pink Floyd.

I also some times listen to "On an Island" by David Gilmour.

Happy Listening my friend!

Last edited:
The Wall was my introduction to Pink Floyd many moons ago. Rogers recent tour may be the best live performance I have ever seen (and I go to alot of concerts). "Epic" does not even begin to describe it.

No record player here however for me to check this vinyl recording out. Might have to get one though now that I got some MLs.

Latest posts

Back